Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Mar 28, 2006, 8:27 AM   #1

dam, so upon having an error of uploading too big an image, the message box cleared! anyway, what i am posting about is how slow can you get your shutter without having awful blur. i got mine to 1 full second, and i wonder what you guys think of this shot, and also your experiences and tips for a slow shutter (i take my slow shots inbetween breaths).

the shot is also posted on deviantart with the EXIF data on the page for you to see: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/30970421/

Attached Images

DorkUnderwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 4, 2006, 6:50 PM   #2
Administrator

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2006, 7:29 PM   #3

I had seen the picture on the website, but hadn't looked at the specs. That is a great picture, and looks like it was taken in the fall. Was it a hand held shot?
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2006, 12:58 AM   #4

actually, i think thats the light from the lamppost above me, i dont remember using any special WB edits, maybe a little saturation. yeah that was a hand-held shot, a little blur, but i like to think that it adds to the spookiness, i mean damn for a shutter that slow i think that is good! and impossible with other cameras hand-held (makes me want to hold my KM 5D at night lol j/k)
DorkUnderwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2006, 11:22 AM   #5

"how slow can you get your shutter without having awful blur."

1/focal length is the rule I've heard, then down 2-3 stops with antishake. 50mm, 1/50, antishake 1/12 - 1/6. Thats probably pushing it, better to use a tripod.

I have pulled off shots at 1/4 second with a wide angle, but the keep rate is low. It depends on how much coffe you drink and your focal length, mostly the coffe. 1:1 Macro shots are a b*[email protected]&!!!
tmoreau is offline   Reply With Quote