Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Apr 12, 2006, 1:40 PM   #1

I have the Magic Lantern Guide for my 800Si, and really value it. I have heard that the MLG for the 7D came out pre-production and had many errors. I just got my copy of the 5D MLG and it seems to be correct on every issue I have come across. It was not released until this year, and presumambly was written using post production specimens. It is probably 50% thicker than the one for the 800Si, and includes a wallet sized reference card with common features.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 13, 2006, 12:58 PM   #2

Wish they'd release it in the UK - AmazonUK still has a June date for it !!

IDM
IanMiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2006, 3:01 PM   #3

Ian, it wasn't available yet from Amazon US either, but I got it from WalMart for $16.48 US delivered. BTW, I have bought a few items from Amazon UK that I couldn't get over here, and the service was great.
Old Apr 16, 2006, 2:17 PM   #4

i luckily found it at Barnes and Noble but it was 20 dollars, i bought it right away though, it was even laying parallel on its width side to the back, so you could see it from a mile away! its very useful, helps a lot to understand the histogram, which i find very complicated for some reason.
DorkUnderwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2006, 6:33 PM   #5

DorkUnderwater wrote:
Quote:
i luckily found it at Barnes and Noble but it was 20 dollars, i bought it right away though, it was even laying parallel on its width side to the back, so you could see it from a mile away! its very useful, helps a lot to understand the histogram, which i find very complicated for some reason.
I would have paid $20 just to get my hands on it. It is an amazing little book, isn't it?
Old Apr 18, 2006, 11:25 AM   #6

yeah it is, wish it had color images. and a lot of it though is on stuff i already know, turning on the camera how to access settings and stuff, while there is some on technique i wish it was more focused on that. i would still buy it anyway.
DorkUnderwater is offline   Reply With Quote