Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 5, 2006, 12:12 AM   #101
Senior Member
 
rduve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,504
Default

Gozinta wrote:
Quote:
Is this the right one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tamron-28-300mm-...QQcmdZViewItem



Here's someone bidding 209 on what looks like the same thing... unless I am missing something. It's new, but out of the box.I don't get why they would buy that one whenCametta is selling "Buy It Now" brand new much cheaper.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tamron-AF28-300m...QQcmdZViewItem





Same lens. Somebody is not doing his homework if he is bidding that much.
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2006, 12:35 AM   #102
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 83
Default

Hi guys do you know where i can get a great deal for the lens? read your comments about it and seems that it is a great lens.

Also is the Tamron 28-300 XR Lens the same as Tamron 28-300 XR Di

This will cost me extra since i'm currently in taiwan so will be shipping it here.:sad:

thanks

Gobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2006, 7:18 PM   #103
Senior Member
 
cope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 718
Default

Gobs wrote:
Quote:
Hi guys do you know where i can get a great deal for the lens? read your comments about it and seems that it is a great lens.

Also is the Tamron 28-300 XR Lens the same as Tamron 28-300 XR Di

This will cost me extra since i'm currently in taiwan so will be shipping it here.:sad:

thanks
Look at the links already provided to Cameta camera on eBay. I don't know what their shipping policy is for out of the US.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2006, 7:31 PM   #104
Senior Member
 
rduve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,504
Default

Gobs, I'd check with Cameta or Cord if they ship internationally. FYI, the Diversion is the newestedition of the same lens and supposedly designed particularly for DSLR's, but from what I hear there is really no visible difference, other than in the price. In order to sell the XR DI at a high price while blowing out the XR version, the DI needs to be positioned to be far superior (which it's clearly not). Here are a couple of shots I took this weekend with my Tamron 28-300 XR on the KM5D. I think the quality is just fine....


Attached Images
 
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2006, 7:32 PM   #105
Senior Member
 
rduve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,504
Default

and another one...
Attached Images
 
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2006, 12:04 AM   #106
Senior Member
 
rduve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,504
Default

Oh, one more thing I love about the Tamron. It's zoom is adjusted by turning the lens, not pulling it out, therefore no sudden shifts when angling it downward, and the lens does not rotate in the front when focusing as some older lenses do, therefore keeping a polarizer at the right angle. By the way, a linear polarizer works just fine with KM5D regardless of what anyone might say. The picture of my model in front of the flower field was taken with a polarizer and it focused spot on.

Here is another shot from the Tamron 28-300XR for your enjoyment. Hopefully not too racy for Steves Digicams. Getting this lens was one of my best purchases ever and caused me to sell my Panasonic FZ30 for which I really have no use now that I have an all-in-one image stabilized ultra zoom DSLR.

:-)
Attached Images
 
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2006, 6:35 AM   #107
Senior Member
 
cope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 718
Default

You will find that with age, either type zoom can creep, although the twist to zoom probably holds it's setting better.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2006, 11:25 AM   #108
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Savannah, GA (USA)
Posts: 22,378
Default

rduve wrote:
Quote:
Here is another shot from the Tamron 28-300XR for your enjoyment. Hopefully not too racy for Steves Digicams. Getting this lens was one of my best purchases ever and caused me to sell my Panasonic FZ30 for which I really have no use now that I have an all-in-one image stabilized ultra zoom DSLR.
You'd make a great salesperson for Tamron. ;-) Perhaps I should reconsider getting an all purpose lens like that (it's certainly inexpensive and you're getting good results with it). lol

Nope... I don't see anything too racy yet.

But, if you decide to post any nudes, make sure you clearly mark the subject line with a Contains Nudity warning (versus embedding them into an existing thread), and read our policy on nudes below (no genitalia or porn please).

We would also like these to be limited to either the People Photos Forum or the Critiques and Techniques Forum(if you are seeking Critique on an image).

Make sure to read the Forum Guidelines for Critiques and Techniques if you post images there (one image per thread there please).

Our current policy on nudes:

Quote:
While we recognize that artistic nudes are a part of photography, we have an international community with varying standards of decency. Therefore, we insist that no images (or links to) images be posted that contain male or female genitalia, or any images that could be perceived as being pornographic. What is anacceptable artisticnude shall be at the sole discretion of the moderators and will not be subject to debate. If in doubt, ask a moderator before posting an image.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2006, 11:33 AM   #109
Senior Member
 
cope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 718
Default

JimC wrote:
Quote:
rduve wrote:
Quote:
Here is another shot from the Tamron 28-300XR for your enjoyment. Hopefully not too racy for Steves Digicams. Getting this lens was one of my best purchases ever and caused me to sell my Panasonic FZ30 for which I really have no use now that I have an all-in-one image stabilized ultra zoom DSLR.
You'd make a great salesperson for Tamron. ;-) Perhaps I should reconsider getting an all purpose lens like that (it's certainly inexpensive and you're getting good results with it). lol
He talked me into it already. I'm ordering from Cameta today. Then I have to decide whether or not to keep the Tamron70-300. At least I can make a side by side comparison of the two.



Regarding the price, remember that as he pointed out, Tamron has cut the price on these significantly. Some stores are still selling them for around $350-400. There are only two dealers I have found selling at anywhere near this price.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2006, 11:34 AM   #110
Senior Member
 
meanstreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,234
Default

rduve wrote:
Quote:
Oh, one more thing I love about the Tamron. It's zoom is adjusted by turning the lens, not pulling it out, therefore no sudden shifts when angling it downward,

I believe it can still shift forward. Isn't that why they put they zoom lock tab to keep it from shifting when angling downward? Of course that lock only works at the 28mm setting.

meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 8:08 AM.