Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Oct 4, 2006, 2:03 PM   #61

Alex 007 wrote:
Quote:
Have a nice working day, my good friend,

No you are a little bit wrong, my meaning is that for maybe 1% of my personal use..., believe me; was a waste of money. It's wider zoom at both ends; that the KM or Tamron...both 100% MADE by Tamron.

No...both are good lenses. here in Israel Sigma is easier to obtain that the Tamron...so I buy the Sigma for this sole reason

Now I will wait for a Zeiss 16-80mm & newer 18-250mm Tamron lenses to decide which to own:P

Peace,

Alex 007:|

I would hate to have to make a choice like that. The Zeis quality plus the fact that the 16-80 should be better since it is a smaller range certainly gives it an edge but it won't match the walk around flexibilty of the 18-250.:?

I guess the only solution is to buy both.
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2006, 2:26 PM   #62

meanstreak wrote:
Quote:
Alex 007 wrote:
Quote:

No you are a little bit wrong, my meaning is that for maybe 1% of my personal use..., believe me; was a waste of money. It's wider zoom at both ends; that the KM or Tamron...both 100% MADE by Tamron.

No...both are good lenses. here in Israel Sigma is easier to obtain that the Tamron...so I buy the Sigma for this sole reason

Now I will wait for a Zeiss 16-80mm & newer 18-250mm Tamron lenses to decide which to own:P

Peace,

I would hate to have to make a choice like that. The Zeis quality plus the fact that the 16-80 should be better since it is a smaller range certainly gives it an edge but it won't match the walk around flexibilty of the 18-250.:?

I agree. I have the 28-300 Tamron, but when this one is available, I am ordering one, even if I have to sell the 28-300.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2006, 4:46 PM   #63

My dear Alan,

No...NO...really both lenses it's for me NOT relevant...one of them...ONLY!

I like very much the Zeiss brand (From my Barth mitzva), Rolleiflex 6x6cm 12 photos 120 roll film

But as I wrote...it's not 100% imperatived a Zeiss...,Tamron for almost the same price will provide me much more zoom range, maybe more plastics inside & outside...but I will decided after reading reviews on both lenses

Peace,

Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2006, 6:41 PM   #64

cope wrote:
Quote:
meanstreak wrote:
Quote:
Alex 007 wrote:
Quote:

Peace,

I agree. I have the 28-300 Tamron, but when this one is available, I am ordering one, even if I have to sell the 28-300.
I am done with zooms for now, but I would definitely consider selling the 28-300mm Tamron to get the 18-250. When is the projected release date?
Old Oct 4, 2006, 7:19 PM   #65

I'm not sure of release date, here is the Pop Photo article.

http://www.popphoto.com/photonews/31...red-glass.html
Old Oct 4, 2006, 11:47 PM   #66

Thanks Alan!

I'm patiently...to spell my money I always have time:blah:

Peace,

Old Oct 5, 2006, 10:43 AM   #67

cope wrote:
Quote:

I've seen that and it's nice that it describes its features, but I'm gonna need to see a review before I consider it. I'm sure it will be decent though.

Old Oct 6, 2006, 12:45 AM   #68

Dear Meanstreak,

Be patiently...I agree with you MUST be read all the reviews (In my case both lenses that I have in mind...the Zeiss & the new larger tele zoom Tamron)...to decide which to pick

BTW...I found a photo of my second daughter Ruth, with Klyde our dog that I shoot with my very short owning 5D. Enjoy...:shock:

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Oct 6, 2006, 6:09 AM   #69

meanstreak wrote:
Quote:
cope wrote:
Quote:

I've seen that and it's nice that it describes its features, but I'm gonna need to see a review before I consider it. I'm sure it will be decent though.

You guys get up a collection to buy me one and I will review the Hell out of it.:-)
Old Oct 6, 2006, 6:24 AM   #70

Hi my dear Alan,

You really are a wise & extremely cute gentleman....

Want a FREE new Tamron 18-250mm lens

Joking!!!:blah:

Peace,

Attached Images