Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 20, 2006, 9:37 AM   #11
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Savannah, GA (USA)
Posts: 22,378
Default

I'm not sure they're Maxxum, even though it says Maxxum. It also says Dynax in the product description.

They've got a reputation for selling both U.S. and gray market cameras and lenses (they also sell products intended for markets other than the U.S.).

Sometimes users don't realize it until they get them since it's not obvious in some listings unless you look closely.

So, I wouldn't be surprised if they're Dynax or Alpha labeled cameras.

The major U.S. distributors have been out of the Maxxum DSLR models for weeks. Ritz/Wolf has their own stock, so they had 'em for longer (most internet vendors are just drop shipping from distributors).

The listing looks like it's a U.S. Model. But, I'd verify it with them before ordering to make sure it's not just a mixup in the description.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2006, 10:07 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
cope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 718
Default

JimC wrote:
Quote:
I'm not sure they're Maxxum, even though it says Maxxum. It also says Dynax in the product description.

They've got a reputation for selling both U.S. and gray market cameras and lenses (they also sell products intended for markets other than the U.S.).

Sometimes users don't realize it until they get them since it's not obvious in some listings unless you look closely.

So, I wouldn't be surprised if they're Dynax or Alpha labeled cameras.

The major U.S. distributors have been out of the Maxxum DSLR models for weeks. Ritz/Wolf has their own stock, so they had 'em for longer (most internet vendors are just drop shipping from distributors).

The listing looks like it's a U.S. Model. But, I'd verify it with them before ordering to make sure it's not just a mixup in the description.
Quote:
Jim, I had looke at them earlier and had several KM cameras up at one time. they are offering both Maxxum and Dynax on the 5D and 7D. They clearly spelled this out. When I went back to post the link, I didn't take the time to find the same page.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2006, 10:11 AM   #13
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Savannah, GA (USA)
Posts: 22,378
Default

OK -- There is a separate listing for the import version of the 5D kit for a lower price. It's distinquished by IMP (for Import) in the product description, with more prominent use of the Dynax versus Maxxum brand.

http://www.digitalfotoclub.com/sc/pr...p?id=964602335

So, maybe they really have some U.S. Kits left. I'd still call and verify that they actually have them before ordering.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2006, 10:18 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
cope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 718
Default

I agree, since they are closed today and tomorrow, but they indicate stock for some and out of stock for others.

http://www.digitalfotoclub.com/sc/di...n%2Eprice+desc
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2006, 11:37 PM   #15
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4
Default

hhgregg is a retail store front in the mid-west and southeast...
dfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2006, 8:34 AM   #16
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3
Default

I bought mine last week at Ritz camera here in Ohio, it was $599.00 as a kit with the 18 to 70 lens. Also if interested it came with digital camera classes and numerous coupons and photo paper.
chryslerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2006, 8:03 PM   #17
Junior Member
 
donm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 25
Default

I'm in Manila right now and I saw one of the KM stores here selling all of their cameras at outrageous prices. The 5D was priced at around 15,500 Philippine Pesos. That's less than 300USD for the camera and the kit lens. I asked the salesperson why they're selling the cameras at such prices, she said that they're clearing out all their KM inventories.
donm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2006, 8:13 PM   #18
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Savannah, GA (USA)
Posts: 22,378
Default

donm wrote:
Quote:
I'm in Manila right now and I saw one of the KM stores here selling all of their cameras at outrageous prices. The 5D was priced at around 15,500 Philippine Pesos. That's less than 300USD for the camera and the kit lens. I asked the salesperson why they're selling the cameras at such prices, she said that they're clearing out all their KM inventories.
$300 USD for a camera and lens? Now, that 's a good deal (unless they are very warm to the touch). :-)


JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2006, 1:38 AM   #19
Junior Member
 
donm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 25
Default

JimC wrote:
Quote:
donm wrote:
Quote:
I'm in Manila right now and I saw one of the KM stores here selling all of their cameras at outrageous prices. The 5D was priced at around 15,500 Philippine Pesos. That's less than 300USD for the camera and the kit lens. I asked the salesperson why they're selling the cameras at such prices, she said that they're clearing out all their KM inventories.
$300 USD for a camera and lens? Now, that 's a good deal (unless they are very warm to the touch). :-)


They were warm alright. From the hands of the guy who got there ahead of me. It was the last one they had in the store. I asked if they had other units in stock in other stores, the girl called around and found just one left. Unfortunately, the store was too far out of the way for me. :sad:


donm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2006, 11:27 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 324
Default

5D at Circuit City for $535.

Local CC had only ONE boxed 5D.

Had, past tense. I own it now.


The store still has a demo model.
StevieDgpt is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 7:16 PM.