Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Jun 15, 2006, 11:15 AM   #21

$477 @ Circuit City in Rochester NY. Last boxed one. They still have the shelf model
sixbears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2006, 12:21 AM   #22

sixbears wrote:
Quote:
$477 @ Circuit City in Rochester NY. Last boxed one. They still have the shelf model
Weird how they have different prices in different stores. By me it was 452... they wouldn't sell the display yet as of two days ago. I might go back tomorrow and check every couple of days. They usually discount the open box models even further. I'm hoping to get it for under 400 unless somebody beats me too it. What I'd also like to seeis them run a coupon for 10% on open box units or any kind of 10% off. LOL Then after that, I'll sell the kit lens since I don't need it and that will really bringmy investment down. (Wishfull thinking.... a guy can dream can't he)

BTW.... I already own 7D, but the price is so good on the 5D, I wouldn't mind owning both.

Yes the 5D is a tough deal to beat in the world of DSLRs. The best part is that it is a great camera and does things some of the others can't.

Enjoy your camera!

Oh by the way... you should check to see if the have any Maxell NP400 replacement batteries. They were running specials between 10 and 13 dollars. I grabbed the last two they had. Funny part is they rang up 2 or three dollars higher than the rack price. Had to make them adjustment. It pays to have an extra battery.

meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2006, 9:44 AM   #23

I wanted to pick up an extra battery, but they were all gone. Keeping my eyes open.....
Old Jun 16, 2006, 7:12 PM   #24

I got mine at Mathers of Lancashire in Bolton.

One of the guys who runs the shop is a Minolta enthusiast.

Mathers of Lancashire
Ikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2006, 8:16 AM   #25

I picked up the last Maxell NP400 battery at a Circuit City in Buffalo (Hamburg Store) for $12 last night. They also have one KM Maxxum 5D floor model.

For anyone in the Western NY area, below is the current inventory of KM goodies at Circuit City.

Rochester Henrietta - KM Maxxum 5D Floor Model $477

Eastview- Qty 1 KM 75-300mm lens

Greece Town - Qty 1 KM Dimage X1 $173,Qty 1 KM 75-300mm lens

Buffalo (Hanburg) - Qty 1 KM Maxxum 5D Floor Model $478

Old Jun 18, 2006, 3:47 AM   #26

Got mine yesterday at Kits Camera (a subsidiary of Ritz up here in the Northwest) for $599.99 with lens. I checked Circuit City beforehand, but only one store had one in stock, at the same $599.99 price.

RavenFalls is offline   Reply With Quote