Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Apr 27, 2006, 3:17 PM   #1

I have the Tamron SP 200-500mm F/5-6.3 DI Auto Focus Zoom, I would like to know which 2X teleconverter would work with it ( I have de sigma APO and it doesn´t work).

Luis.
belibeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 27, 2006, 3:24 PM   #2

belibeli wrote:
Quote:
I have the Tamron SP 200-500mm F/5-6.3 DI Auto Focus Zoom, I would like to know which 2X teleconverter would work with it ( I have de sigma APO and it doesn´t work).

Luis.
Check this thread out. I am not sure that any will AF with f6.3.

http://www.dyxum.com/dforum/forum_po...=teleconverter
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2006, 9:43 PM   #3

You will have to use manual focus. I got the Tamron 2x converter and I have to use MF with both, my Tamron28-300 3.5-6.3 and Vivitar Series 1 100-400 4.5-6.3 lenses. However, AF works fine with my Vivitar Series 1 70-210 2.8-4, just as the article which cope linked to suggests.
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2006, 8:10 PM   #4

This thread got me curious about a TC, so I bought a used Tamron AF 1.4X in LN- condition from KEH. Althought the picture showed a back cap, I had heard that if it isn't listed, you don't get it at KEH, so I also ordered a Minolta push on camera body cap and a rear lens cap. Total was around $36. The TC arrived today, looked new, and came complete with the Tamron front and rear cap and lens pouch. I was very impressed with KEH. Their shipping is a bit high, they don't ship as quick as some, but they definately under-rate their equipment.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2006, 8:13 PM   #5

Congrats on your teleconverter. Post some test shots. My Tamron2x converter seems to be a little soft, but I'll have to test it more extensively.
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote