Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old May 12, 2006, 9:21 AM   #11

maxxum7d wrote: I hope this counts as a positive review for adorama, they gave me a replacement today without any problems. I look forward to enjoying my camera before Sony comes out with something better. Thanks for your help everyone!

Any idea what was wrong with it?

meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2006, 9:54 AM   #12

I don't know what was wrong. The salesman helping me tried to knife the battery out but it didn't work. The release latch wasn't working. He marked the box defective and wrote: "Keeps Battery Safe" on it. I've searched most KM forums but never came across something like this.
maxxum7d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2006, 9:35 AM   #13

Hi!

Did you acquired the Maxxum 7D? I got my Dynax 7D with the battery "Made in Japan"...not the Chinese one, that was together with my 5D one.

Never gave me any problem & come "Out"...proportional easy...of course first I move the "Gray" battery release so the battery pushovers a little bit outside...so I grap it and take it away from the chamber.

After that I charged it, when I push it in...all the way the "Gray" tab catch the battery the camera makes two "Whirrr"...noises, & all is OK!.

I'm happy that now all works, in your camera as intended/specified.

Cheers,

Alex 007:|
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 9:58 AM   #14

Oh I didn't know there were two different batteries! I also bought a second battery by eFilm (delkin). Is it any good?
Old May 15, 2006, 10:14 AM   #15

Hello Maxxum 7D!

I want to make myself "Crystal" clear...the two batteries, are "Originally Minolta"...with my sold Dynax 5D came "Made in China"...with my Dynax 7D "Made in Japan"...the charger are both made in China.

I understand from your reply to me, that your second battery IS NOT originally...or I'm wrong?

Please is it's SO...spell a little more money & buy ONLY Minolta originally battery! so will fit your camera battery chamber 100%!

Inform me please, if I'm right or wrong?

My best wishes,

Old May 15, 2006, 10:32 AM   #16

maxxum7d wrote:
Quote:
Oh I didn't know there were two different batteries! I also bought a second battery by eFilm (delkin). Is it any good?
I have a couple of Maxell NP-400 clones that work just fine. I have even heard of no name eBay Hong Kong batteries that people swear by. I would stay with a name brand battery if I switched from the OEM, and Delkin should be OK. There is a bit of tolerance in the battery compartment.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 10:45 AM   #17

Dear Cope & Maxxum7D!

Sorry I don't agree/accord!!!!

Our KM bodies, today are rare to find them...so WHY to be exposed to ANY "NO NAME"...brand batteries, what for today's price near $:50.00 are so MUCH...that all you...look for "NO NAME"...or other "GENERIC" ones...I can't understand! Sorry!!!.

NO; my good buddies/pals... I never will take chances! :flame:

Cheers,

Old May 15, 2006, 11:18 AM   #18

Alex 007 wrote:
Quote:
Dear Cope & Maxxum7D!

Sorry I don't agree/accord!!!!

Our KM bodies, today are rare to find them...so WHY to be exposed to ANY "NO NAME"...brand batteries, what for today's price near $:50.00 are so MUCH...that all you...look for "NO NAME"...or other "GENERIC" ones...I can't understand! Sorry!!!.

NO; my good buddies/pals... I never will take chances! :flame:

Cheers,

To each his own, but the Maxell batteries work fine and they are 10.98.
I doubt Konica Minolta makes their own battery anyway.:blah:

BTW, I believe the battery that initiated this thread was an OEM and it got stuck inside the camera, but we really don't know if that was a camera or battery defect.:|

meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 11:55 PM   #19

Hi Meanstreak!

I'm 100% sure, that Minolta DO NOT fabricated the batteries.:evil:

But...for my scarcely use...I really hope, that the supplied/furnished battery will last a few years...after only "God" know the score

If, & when; I will needed a new one...will try to find the Minolta one & NOT a "Nonproprietary" one:ak47:

Cheers,

Old May 19, 2006, 11:29 AM   #20

Update: the new camera that Adorama gave me has multiple hot pixels. When I took this one back, the salesman started bitching initially and wanted to exchange without doing any paperwork. This was a somewhat disappointing experience. I got a new body but I don't plan on shopping at Adorama anytime soon. They are like a family owned cellphone shop, and only want to sell.