Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Jun 12, 2006, 7:44 PM   #41
Administrator

Hey Rusty. I'm glad you like your beercan.

I have yet to buy a longer lens in Maxxum mount. I guess I'll have to break down and buy a long zoom or two eventually. My longest lens right now in Minolta AF mount is the Minolta 135mm f/2.8 :-)

Right this minute, the new Sigma 30mm f/1.4 is on my radar for next, though (sometimes, my Minolta 28mm f/2 isn't bright enough for me and since Sigma started making their 30mm f/1.4 in Minolta AF mount, I've been considering it as a possible replacement). So, a longer zoom may have to wait a bit longer. lol

I'm still kicking myself for not buying a beercan when they were selling all day long for under $100.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2006, 9:10 PM   #42

JimC wrote:
Quote:
Hey Rusty. I'm glad you like your beercan.

I have yet to buy a longer lens in Maxxum mount. I guess I'll have to break down and buy a long zoom or two eventually. My longest lens right now in Minolta AF mount is the Minolta 135mm f/2.8 :-)

Right this minute, the new Sigma 30mm f/1.4 is on my radar for next, though (sometimes, my Minolta 28mm f/2 isn't bright enough for me and since Sigma started making their 30mm f/1.4 in Minolta AF mount, I've been considering it as a possible replacement). So, a longer zoom may have to wait a bit longer. lol

I'm still kicking myself for not buying a beercan when they were selling all day long for under $100.
I got one for 113... that's not so much higher. They are hard to get at that price though, but I think they are coming down a little.
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2006, 11:21 AM   #43

Those are great. I doubt that my Vivitar Series 1 70-210 2.8-4 would get such good results, but I have not used it much so far.
Rainer
http://euromaninla.zoto.com/galleries
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2006, 2:21 PM   #44

some pics from the zoo yesterday...taken with the beercan...i love this lens

i wish it had more reach though...300mm would be much more useful...

Ru5tY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2006, 7:10 AM   #45

Ru5tY wrote:
Quote:
some pics from the zoo yesterday...taken with the beercan...i love this lens

i wish it had more reach though...300mm would be much more useful...

Nice shots..... I have yet to try my beercan out except for stuff around the house.
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote