Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old May 15, 2006, 2:03 PM   #1

dumb question: but what bags/cases are you guys using?
maxxum7d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 15, 2006, 2:23 PM   #2

I have the 5D, but I am using a Lowepro AW5. I can carry my 5D with kit lens attached, 5600HS flash, 50mm . 28 2.8 macro, 28-80, 28-105, 70-210 and a 28-300. In addition, I have the BC-400, AC adapter, 1.4X converter, 7-8 filters, spare batteries and lens cleaning suppiles. In a pinch, I can also get my 800Si body in.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 4:32 PM   #3

Until last week I was using a Lowepro Nova AW3. I could carry my 5D with 24-85 zoom attached, along with a 19-35, 50 mm f1.7, 100-300 APO, and 3600HS(D) flash, and still have room for one more lens. I also put some Lumiquest reflectors in the zipper slot on the back of the case. The only knock on it was that once everything was in there, it got pretty heavy to carry on my shoulder.

Last week the local camera shop had a sale with 35% of Lowepro bags (and no sales tax!) so I bought a Slingshot 200AW. It holds everything and spreads the weight out a little better so that it is easier to carry everything. I just have to figure out how to lash on my monopod, then I will be set.
colemanlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 5:15 PM   #4

colemanlaw wrote:
Quote:
Until last week I was using a Lowepro Nova AW3. I could carry my 5D with 24-85 zoom attached, along with a 19-35, 50 mm f1.7, 100-300 APO, and 3600HS(D) flash, and still have room for one more lens. I also put some Lumiquest reflectors in the zipper slot on the back of the case. The only knock on it was that once everything was in there, it got pretty heavy to carry on my shoulder.

Last week the local camera shop had a sale with 35% of Lowepro bags (and no sales tax!) so I bought a Slingshot 200AW. It holds everything and spreads the weight out a little better so that it is easier to carry everything. I just have to figure out how to lash on my monopod, then I will be set.
If you read what you and I carry around, the only thing left to say is we walked uphill both ways in the snow! :!::-)

I really like the Lowpro line; if I had seen the slingshot sooner, I might have ordered one and left some spare lenses in a smaller bag.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 7:56 PM   #5

I have the Tamrac Expedition3 backpack. I can carry the body with lens (generally the 18-50 Sigma or 35-70 Minolta, but even the 70-210 will fit without rearranging the partitions) 5 lenses (I have to stack the 50mm and 35-70mm)and the charger in the main part, 2 batteries, the remote release, and paperwork in the smaller part, and a small Tamrac digicam bag on the outside with the flashgun. I'd like a bit more room, but then if I'm carrying all that I shouldn't be needing the backpack. One thing I like about this pack is that it is very low key- it isn't obviously a camera bag. Except for the logo, it looks like every other backpack so I can leave it places I'd never consider leaving my other bags. (though the CF card always stays with me, lol) I do like it and it does serve quite well on outings where I normally reduce to camera/lens + 3 lenses and flash without the external bag.
Mercury694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 9:50 PM   #6

maxxum7d wrote:
Quote:
dumb question: but what bags/cases are you guys using?
Not a dumb question at all. :?

I have LowePro's Rezo 190 AW, and it holds my 7D, grip, various lenses, cleaning gear, etc.

Here's the link for this bag, and you can see what others LowePro has:
http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Shou...zo_190_AW.aspx

Rambler358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 10:50 PM   #7

For normal use, I have a generic holster bag that I bought for cheap on ebay. At a fraction of the price of Lowepro!

For travellling, I use Lowepro Computrekker AW. I can throw around my gear and not be worried at all. I also bought a cheap generic version on ebay for a fraction of the cost, but I have yet to use it.

For my misc. lenses, I have a normal camera bag to hold them. Lunchbox styles!

If I'm going out for the day, I also have a Roots sport sling bag that is for SLR gear.
Ru5tY is offline   Reply With Quote