Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old May 29, 2006, 11:39 PM   #1

This is probably the last chance to get a 5D. Circuit City has them on clearance at 664 with the 18-70 kit lens. The store I was Ididn't see a box in the counter below, so it might mean taking a display, but then usually they discount them deeper. Some times they even run special coupon sales on open box items toobut if you wait too long you may be out of luck. Of course, I think the 7D with the 28-75 2.8 lens at Adorama is a real sweet deal for their new low price of 899.00. If you can handle the extra weight of the 7D it is really a sweet deal withthat lens since by itself it goes for about 379 and it takes some awsome pictures.
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 30, 2006, 2:03 PM   #2
Administrator

I read a report yesterday on another forum that one Circuit City location was selling the 5D kits for $477 while supplies last.

BTW, Wal-Mart has the 7D with the 18-70mm DT lens for only $699 now (it's on their web site at that price).

Maxxum 7D with 18-70mm f/3.5-5.6 DT lens (5D kit lens) for $699 at Wal-Mart

You're right... the best deal around is still at Adorama.

They've got the Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D for $899.95, including a 28-75mm f/2.8 lens. That lens alone sells for almost $400 (it's $379 at B&H). Even if you don't want/need a lens this good, this 7D kit is such a good deal, I'd get it anyway and sell the lens on Ebay.

http://www.adorama.com/IMN7DK1.html

Adorama has the lens on sale for $299.95 now for anyone that is looking for it:

Konica MInolta 28-75mm f/2.8 at Adorama for $299.95

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2006, 10:38 PM   #3

JimC wrote:
Quote:
I read a report yesterday on another forum that one Circuit City location was selling the 5D kits for $477 while supplies last.

BTW, Wal-Mart has the 7D with the 18-70mm DT lens for only $699 now (it's on their web site at that price).

Maxxum 7D with 18-70mm f/3.5-5.6 DT lens (5D kit lens) for $699 at Wal-Mart

You're right... the best deal around is still at Adorama.

They've got the Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D for $899.95, including a 28-75mm f/2.8 lens. That lens alone sells for almost $400 (it's $379 at B&H). Even if you don't want/need a lens this good, this 7D kit is such a good deal, I'd get it anyway and sell the lens on Ebay.

http://www.adorama.com/IMN7DK1.html

Adorama has the lens on sale for $299.95 now for anyone that is looking for it:

Konica MInolta 28-75mm f/2.8 at Adorama for $299.95
Incredible deals... I wonder why the difference in the Circuit City price from what I saw. Of course that may have been reduced after I saw it. 477 is solow, it's tempting to buy as a second camera. I find it hard to believe there are any around.

Of course what will happen is the EBay resellers will scoff most of them up and end up driving up the price. Shame of that is that most of the time the buyer is not eligible for the warranty.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 10:29 PM   #4

I'd heard about this deal some time ago, did a little searching around, but couldn't find any. Then I read on another forum that a local CC had one in stock about a month ago. Figuring my chances were slim to none, I called them last week, and low and behold, they had a new one in stock. For an added bonus, the price had dropped to $448 with the 18-70 kit lense! After tax, out the door, it was about $484. Deal of the year! Best of luck trying to find one. You'll need it.
abmacv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2006, 11:04 PM   #5

abmacv wrote:
Quote:
I'd heard about this deal some time ago, did a little searching around, but couldn't find any. Then I read on another forum that a local CC had one in stock about a month ago. Figuring my chances were slim to none, I called them last week, and low and behold, they had a new one in stock. For an added bonus, the price had dropped to $448 with the 18-70 kit lense! After tax, out the door, it was about $484. Deal of the year! Best of luck trying to find one. You'll need it.
I wonder why the price was lower at the one by you.

I don't need one as I already have the 7D. I just thought for the price it might be good to get one.