Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Jun 18, 2006, 2:10 PM   #121

Here's the original since it is on another page:
Attached Images

Cavemandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2006, 5:10 PM   #122

Thanks for the tip, Randy. I like your version better. I shoot in Natural mode with +1 sharpning. Never concerned myself much with the white level. I more regularly have used the Brightness/Contrast controls. The Levels adjustment seems to give better results. I will start using it more. I don't think that can be controlled in the camera, can it? The problem with pool shots is that the face tends to come out a little underexposed compared to the bright water.I could tryspotAE, and orraise theEV a couple of steps.Thanks again for the tip. I am often too lazy to do a lot of PP.

Rainer

euromaninla.zoto.com/galleries

rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2006, 8:24 PM   #123

Just received the 28-75 in the mail.

Tested it indoors for a few minutes, but my initial impression is that the focus tends to hunt more than the 24-105. With the 24-105, it's fast and dead on, but with the 28-75, it seems like it goes out of focus first, then it hunts for the right focus...

Is it just my lens, or do you guys find this also?
Ru5tY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2006, 10:14 PM   #124

It seems to focus quite fast based on the little experience I have with it. Not as fast of course as the 50mm 1.7 lens, simply because less light comes through. But it definitely focuses faster than the Tamron 28-300 which hunts quite a bit in low light.

Rainer
Old Jun 20, 2006, 10:20 PM   #125

Ru5tY wrote:
Quote:
Just received the 28-75 in the mail.

Tested it indoors for a few minutes, but my initial impression is that the focus tends to hunt more than the 24-105. With the 24-105, it's fast and dead on, but with the 28-75, it seems like it goes out of focus first, then it hunts for the right focus...

Is it just my lens, or do you guys find this also?
I don't have that issue. If it is extremely dark it might happen, but not under just low light circumstances
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2006, 10:59 PM   #126

Ok, i think it's because i was focusing on objects that were uniform in colour...

Ijust tested it again and the focus is pretty fast...but the 24-105 still edges it out...

Looking forward to playing with this lens more!
Ru5tY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2006, 11:26 PM   #127

Ru5tY wrote:
Quote:
Ok, i think it's because i was focusing on objects that were uniform in colour...

Ijust tested it again and the focus is pretty fast...but the 24-105 still edges it out...

Looking forward to playing with this lens more!
If you are trying to focus on more than one or objects that are close together, you could confuse the AF. Not sure about that uniform in color theory, but hey.... you never know.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 9:37 PM   #128

Adorama raised their price today to $349.99. I was procrastinating about this one and finally bought it last night. Am I glad I didn't wait until today.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2006, 9:58 PM   #129

cope wrote:
Quote:
Adorama raised their price today to $349.99. I was procrastinating about this one and finally bought it last night. Am I glad I didn't wait until today.
What's really strange is they raised their price for the 7D with that lens up to 1299 from the 899 sale price. Even stranger is the 7D body only price is still 729. You can buy them both seperate andpay less although not the bargain it was. At the 899 price you could have bought the kit and sold the 7D on EBay like Ranier (Rduve). I think he ended up paying 100 bucks for the lens. I was almost tempted to do the opposite and sell the lens for about 300 and keep the 7D but I don't want to waste the cash on a second 7D.

Walmart still has the 7D with 18-70mm for 699 and they have the 7D with the 28-100mm for 977. I think the 699 deal is much better.

I still wish I could have gotten a steal on the 5D for452 oat Circuit City, but none in my area. They had the display,but wouldn't sell it. I almost had one clerk sell it to me, but then he couldn't find the parts and said the manager told him that there was something wrong with it and it had to go back to Minolta... Probably a BS story.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 12:42 AM   #130

meanstreak wrote:
Quote:
At the 899 price you could have bought the kit and sold the 7D on EBay like Ranier (Rduve). I think he ended up paying 100 bucks for the lens.
Yes, just about, but then after ebay and Paypal fees, plus the cost of the used 28-100 lens I tossed in for my buyer, it's closer to $200, but still a good deal. Cope, you sure lucked out by ordering the lens on the night before the sale ended. . The price jump from $899 to $1299 for the package makes no sense to me and I think that's going to drop down again because they won't be able to sell them at that price.

Rainer