Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Jun 28, 2006, 11:47 PM   #131

rduve wrote:
Quote:
meanstreak wrote:
Quote:
At the 899 price you could have bought the kit and sold the 7D on EBay like Ranier (Rduve). I think he ended up paying 100 bucks for the lens.
Yes, just about, but then after ebay and Paypal fees, plus the cost of the used 28-100 lens I tossed in for my buyer, it's closer to $200, but still a good deal. Cope, you sure lucked out by ordering the lens on the night before the sale ended. . The price jump from $899 to $1299 for the package makes no sense to me and I think that's going to drop down again because they won't be able to sell them at that price.

Rainer
200 is still a great deal. I was to lazy to go back and find your post to verify your bottomline.
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2006, 12:11 AM   #132
Administrator

rduve wrote:
Quote:
Yes, just about, but then after ebay and Paypal fees, plus the cost of the used 28-100 lens I tossed in for my buyer, it's closer to $200, but still a good deal. Cope, you sure lucked out by ordering the lens on the night before the sale ended. . The price jump from $899 to $1299 for the package makes no sense to me and I think that's going to drop down again because they won't be able to sell them at that price.
I dunno... They may be out of them except for one or two and figure that someone will want one bad enough to pay that much.

Someone reported towards the end of May that they were down to 18 kits and 7 bodies then. If true, I'm surprised they've lasted this long.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2006, 1:40 AM   #133

Could be. The 7D could turn into a Collectors Item.

rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2006, 5:43 AM   #134

I'msure glad I got my 7D two weeks ago.
tango_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2006, 10:09 AM   #135

With pictures this lifelike there is just no reason to pay more for any DSLR.You can almost visualize the butterfly's wings flapping as he hovers over the magnolia flower in this image.

http://webspace.delphiforums.com/vie...lymagnolia.gif

Old Jul 7, 2006, 10:30 AM   #136

One thing that bothers me about my 28-75mm is that if I tilt the camera downwards, it seems to start sliding (i.e. if I place the lens at 28mm position, and tilt the camera downwards, the lens creeps to maybe 50mm or 60mm position). Also, if I am previewing the images and tilt the camera to get a better view, the lens resets itself (the displays shows no lens for a moment and then detects it immediately).

Anyone else have this problem, or is this common too?
maxxum7d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2006, 11:28 AM   #137

maxxum7d wrote:
Quote:
One thing that bothers me about my 28-75mm is that if I tilt the camera downwards, it seems to start sliding (i.e. if I place the lens at 28mm position, and tilt the camera downwards, the lens creeps to maybe 50mm or 60mm position). Also, if I am previewing the images and tilt the camera to get a better view, the lens resets itself (the displays shows no lens for a moment and then detects it immediately).

I don't recall the the lens ever creeping at less than horizontal angles. I don't recall what the conditons were but I did get a lens error once and all I did was check to make sure the lens was tightly connected and it went away, but might have done so on its own. I will try to simulate your error later on tonight and let you know. I don't recall it happening while previewing images. Does this happen everytime and with all lenses? I would imagine the contacts in the lens are what tells the camera the lens is there so try it with different lenses.

Old Jul 7, 2006, 11:29 AM   #138

My sigma 28-300mm does that, but has lock button.
tango_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2006, 12:00 PM   #139

My tamron has a lock button, but that is only for use at the wide end to keep the lens locked.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 1:08 PM   #140

Yes I'll try this with a different lens too (BTW I bought the last 75-300 lens at circuit city for 60 bucks!) and let you know. If I move my camera around suddenly, for example to take a shot of the streets looking down from a building, i need to hold the lens so it doesn't start creeping. And if I do it very suddenly, sometimes the lens resets itself. The 75-300 lens, when I first held it seemed very stable compared to the 28-75mm. I tried pulling it and it won't slide like the 28-75mm does.

meanstreak wrote:
Quote:
maxxum7d wrote:
Quote:

I don't recall the the lens ever creeping at less than horizontal angles. I don't recall what the conditons were but I did get a lens error once and all I did was check to make sure the lens was tightly connected and it went away, but might have done so on its own. I will try to simulate your error later on tonight and let you know. I don't recall it happening while previewing images. Does this happen everytime and with all lenses? I would imagine the contacts in the lens are what tells the camera the lens is there so try it with different lenses.

maxxum7d is offline   Reply With Quote