Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Jun 3, 2006, 11:50 PM   #51

Hi guys! Those pics of yours are Great!! (hope you don't mind me jumping in for a sec or two.. ^-^ ) i am going to have a blonde moment here (sorry for the stupid question) but is this the lens you are referring too? http://adorama.com/MN2875AFU.html

i think that i may just have to have this lens in my collection! My darling hubby owes me an anniversary present, and i think that i may have found it! ^_-

Btw, meanstreak, i'm glad that your accident wasn't worse. You are a lucky man to have survived that! It definitely could have been much, much worse!
Clazy Daze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2006, 12:10 AM   #52

Clazy Daze wrote:
Quote:
Hi guys! Those pics of yours are Great!! (hope you don't mind me jumping in for a sec or two.. ^-^ ) i am going to have a blonde moment here (sorry for the stupid question) but is this the lens you are referring too? http://adorama.com/MN2875AFU.html

i think that i may just have to have this lens in my collection! My darling hubby owes me an anniversary present, and i think that i may have found it! ^_-

Btw, meanstreak, i'm glad that your accident wasn't worse. You are a lucky man to have survived that! It definitely could have been much, much worse!
Yes, that is the lens and they have it on sale. It usually sells for 379 and up.In fact, B and H has it for 379 right now, but why pay more. I got mine for less, but it was attached to a Maxxum 7D at Adorama. As you can tell, most of us that have are very happy with it.

Yes, I know I am a lucky man... In fact I just don't understand how I am still in once piece. Wearing the right equipment helped me sustained less injuries for sure. I had no road rash except two tiny little abbrasions where my clothing wore through, but I mean tiny. The left knee took the brunt of everything.
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2006, 12:49 AM   #53

I am sold on this lens now. Not only the sharpness, but also the rich colors really make a difference. It wasn't quite clear from the first samples, but with the later shots, especially Spooner's it is very obvious. Will get it as soon as I can. I'll just put the kids on Top Ramen for a couple of weeks, and I should be able to squeeze out the cash.

PS: The shot of me and the kids was taken with my small Fuji F11, not the KM5D.

rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2006, 12:54 AM   #54

Thanks meanstreak! i just ordered it! At $299 from Adorama, i just couldn't pass up a sale, and it's a lot less expensive than the diamond ring i WAS looking at for an anniversary present! LOL! ^-^
Old Jun 4, 2006, 12:56 AM   #55

Looking at Adorama's site, the lens is no longer there. Probably sold like hotcakes. Only available on sale now as part of the 7D package. Mmmmh, I think I got to get it....

Addendum: False alarm. It's still there. I just missed it.
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2006, 1:07 AM   #56

hmmmm...i still think you can order it rduve! They are still taking orders online, i just checked...but they won't be in their RL store until the morning from what i gather. i know i just got an order confirmation so i think that you might want to go ahead and give it a try!
Old Jun 4, 2006, 1:09 AM   #57

rduve wrote:
Quote:
Looking at Adorama's site, the lens is no longer there. Probably sold like hotcakes. Only available on sale now as part of the 7D package. Mmmmh, I think I got to get it....
I can still link to it so I don't know what you mean. I see they are closed June 1st to June 4th.
Old Jun 4, 2006, 1:22 AM   #58

rduve wrote:
Quote:

Addendum: False alarm. It's still there. I just missed it.
Also, even when it's sold as a package it comes in a seperate box, at least it did in my case.My point being that if they run out of the lens, they can't sell the package either.

Old Jun 4, 2006, 1:41 AM   #59

Here's some from today. Indoors no flash... 800 ISO. Excuse the makeup pn my 7 year old, but she had a dance recital. Funny think is,I notice a bit of lipstick on her chin that I never noticed as I was taking the shots. Could the camera be more sensitve than my eye? You may also notice some whiteish specs on her if you zoom the photo.... nothing wrong with the camera, it is glitter spray.

Old Jun 4, 2006, 1:43 AM   #60

Another indooor