Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Jun 8, 2006, 2:22 AM   #1

Going on a cruise this December and I have only 512 mb card for my Maxxum 5d.. My question is thier a way to unload the pictures I want to keep from my card to some device for later dumping on to my home computer.. My son owns one of those sony hand help game things... Could I some how dump pictuers in to that ? Or do I just need to get more memory ?
a1chuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 8, 2006, 8:21 AM   #2

Definately get more memory. The 2GB Lexar 80X sells for around $85 from securemart.com, and comparable Kingston and other brands are in the same price range. The 4GB cards are a good buy for the volume, but out of my price range.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2006, 8:48 AM   #3

I'm a sandisk guy, b&h has 2gb ultraII cards for $85. You can get things like the epson p-2000 but at $500 you could just get five (5) 2gb cards instead, I'd get one or two 2gb cards, I think they are a great size and a pretty good deal.

I doubt you could use the sony game, I think there are adapters to work with ipods but I wouldnt want to hassle with it myself.
tmoreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2006, 9:44 AM   #4

I just got 2G 80x Ridata from mwave for $49. My 7D has not arrived from Walmart yet. There are also some stand alone storage device that you just plug in your memory and download to it. The price depends on capacity. There is some cheap one about $170 for 40G of storage.
KD123 is offline   Reply With Quote