Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Jul 11, 2006, 9:17 AM   #11

Cope-

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Both the Nikon D-50 and the KM 5D are very competent cameras, each in their own way. I usually leave the D-50 set up with the 12-24mm lens for wide angle shots and the KM 5D set up with the Tamron 28-300mm XR lens. I like both cameras. Each is a very able camera.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"The obvious question, most probably, is why have more than one DSLR? The cameras are a component part of our DSLR workshops that we do.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2006, 11:38 AM   #12

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
Cope-

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Both the Nikon D-50 and the KM 5D are very competent cameras, each in their own way. I usually leave the D-50 set up with the 12-24mm lens for wide angle shots and the KM 5D set up with the Tamron 28-300mm XR lens. I like both cameras. Each is a very able camera.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"The obvious question, most probably, is why have more than one DSLR? The cameras are a component part of our DSLR workshops that we do.

MT
If you had to choose between the two, which would you keep? My motive is that my son-in-law was interested in Canon or Nikon. I told him he should consider the new offerings from Sony since I have plenty of Minolta lenses, but he is still leaning toward the Nikon.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2006, 1:49 AM   #13

Cope-

Unfortunately, it sounds like he is a victim of the big camera/image game. KM is every bit as good as Nikon, most people just don't know it.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2006, 7:27 AM   #14

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
Cope-

Unfortunately, it sounds like he is a victim of the big camera/image game. KM is every bit as good as Nikon, most people just don't know it.

MT
Agreed
cope is offline   Reply With Quote