Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Jun 16, 2006, 5:07 PM   #1

FYI, I already have one. This looks pretty good compared to eBay prices. If you want it, call rather than order online; you stand a better chance of getting it.

https://www.keh.com/OnLineStore/ProductDetail.aspx
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 16, 2006, 5:53 PM   #2
Administrator

KEH changed their web site a while back, and direct linking no longer works. ;-)

Unfortunately, you have to give instructions on the categories an item falls under now to show anyone a specific item in their inventory (or just let them search for it).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2006, 6:48 PM   #3

Minolta Auto Focus

5600HS (D) (GN184) / BOUNCE, SWIVEL, ZOOM WITH CASE, STAND, SHOE MOUNT FLASH

Like New (LN) $275
Old Jun 16, 2006, 6:51 PM   #4
Administrator

That'll work (or they could just search for the model).

I complained about the direct linking no longer working when they changed their web site a while back.

But, they haven't figured out a way to fix it yet. It's probably costing them a few sales.

Old Jun 16, 2006, 6:59 PM   #5

I remember now that you mentioned this awhile back. I had a great expeience with them today. I found a Minolta FS1100 for $25 in EX condition and bought it. Today I saw the OC1100 cable and called to get them to add it to the order, but it was already processed. I bought it anyway and the salesman gave me free shipping. Their high s&h is my only complaint about them, but this levelled the playing field a bit.
Old Jun 16, 2006, 7:02 PM   #6
Administrator

Yep.... They're a great vendor. The best way to do business with them is to buy more than one item at a time (if you need the extra items).

Otherwise, the shipping charges on one small purchase are a bit steep compared to some of the other vendors around,.

For example, buy a $7.00 strobe and pay $12.50 in shipping. ;-)

But, buy a $7.00 strobe and a $35.00 lens, and still pay the same $12.50 in shipping.

Old Jun 16, 2006, 7:34 PM   #7

JimC wrote:
Quote:
Yep.... They're a great vendor. The best way to do business with them is to buy more than one item at a time (if you need the extra items).

Otherwise, the shipping charges on one small purchase are a bit steep compared to some of the other vendors around,.

For example, buy a $7.00 strobe and pay $12.50 in shipping. ;-)

But, buy a $7.00 strobe and a $35.00 lens, and still pay the same $12.50 in shipping.

I failed to mention that I did buy another item along with the FS-1100, but you are right, it's best to put together a list before ordering. I don't know how I missed the cable yesterday. I did notice that if you order on the phone, they take the item off line really quick, where as online orders sometimes take a day or so to clear off the site inventory.
Old Jun 17, 2006, 6:22 AM   #8
Administrator

Quote:
I did notice that if you order on the phone, they take the item off line really quick, where as online orders sometimes take a day or so to clear off the site inventory.
Yes... That drives me nuts when vendors leave items online that you've purchased.

I can remember ordering a Minolta 100mm f/2 from Adorama a while back. The lens stayed on their web site for 2 days. I called twice just to make sure it was "mine" and that nobody else would be able to order it. :-)

They kept assuring me that nobody else would be able to get it. But, seeing it online and available for ordering made me nervous until the lens actually shipped. That was a hard lens to find, and I didn't want anyone else to get it because of a mixup in the order system.

I checked all of my favorite vendors multiple times per day for weeks trying to find one of these lenses, and when I finally spotted one, I didn't hesitate to order it. But, the waiting to make sure a mixup didn't occur was not fun.

Old Jun 17, 2006, 7:50 AM   #9

Well, the flash is gone. Hope someone here got it.
Old Jun 17, 2006, 9:23 PM   #10

Unfortunately, it wasn't me. (I tried!)

RavenFalls is offline   Reply With Quote