Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Jul 5, 2006, 7:07 AM   #11

For my P&S, I use a Fuji F10. I'm sure there are better cameras out there now, but it's start up time and shot to shot time was by far the fastest when I got it just a bit over a year ago. ( I was tired of missing shots waiting for my old digicam to start up.)

Those are some great deals on those 5d's, I think I'll stop by the local CC and see but they had none last time I was in and I doubt they're getting anything new in KM.
Mercury694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2006, 9:42 AM   #12
RJR

I have been using the Sony W7 Black edition as a P & S camera that I keep in the cars center console and it is amazing how many times I use it. By the way it has 7.2 MP and a Carl Zies lens so the pictures I take with itare actually very good.
RJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2006, 11:08 PM   #13

Mercury694 wrote:
Quote:
For my P&S, I use a Fuji F10. I'm sure there are better cameras out there now, but it's start up time and shot to shot time was by far the fastest when I got it just a bit over a year ago. ( I was tired of missing shots waiting for my old digicam to start up.)

Those are some great deals on those 5d's, I think I'll stop by the local CC and see but they had none last time I was in and I doubt they're getting anything new in KM.
I was thinking Fuji... probably a newer model, but there was something I didn't like about the Fuji. I think the fact that it is only a 3X zoom and I would have to buy another type of memory card as I already own SD and CF. Althoughit is probablyenough zoom for a point and shoot. It does have image stabilization, which I like.
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2006, 11:49 PM   #14
Administrator

Quote:
was thinking Fuji... probably a newer model, but there was something I didn't like about the Fuji. I think the fact that it is only a 3X zoom and I would have to buy another type of memory card as I already own SD and CF. Althoughit is probablyenough zoom for a point and shoot. It does have image stabilization, which I like.
The Fuji does not have image stabilization. But, it does offer higher ISO speeds compared to other non-DSLR models.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2006, 12:09 AM   #15

JimC wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
was thinking Fuji... probably a newer model, but there was something I didn't like about the Fuji. I think the fact that it is only a 3X zoom and I would have to buy another type of memory card as I already own SD and CF. Althoughit is probablyenough zoom for a point and shoot. It does have image stabilization, which I like.
The Fuji does not have image stabilization. But, it does offer higher ISO speeds compared to other non-DSLR models.
I meant the F30 but left out the model number. According to their website it has picture stabilization. I thought that might be the same thing, but not much info is offered. I will download the maual and check.

Edited: I did quick scan of the manual and could not find any info on Picture Stabilization Mode. I think I have been deceived. I now recall I also did not want the Fuji because it lacks an optical viewfinder. Not that the littles ones the P&S cameras have are much good, but nice to have. I guess ISO 3200 is more important though.
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2006, 12:41 AM   #16
Administrator

Yes.. The marketing types have been taking advantage of similar phrases for a while now.

In Fuji's case, Picture Stabilization = High ISO Speeds :-)

But, I'll give 'em credit for having much lower noise than you'd expect from a camera with such a small sensor with available ISO speeds that high.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote