Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Jul 2, 2006, 9:56 AM   #11
Administrator

Quote:
I couldnb't find any for 19.99, they do have 1GB CF 50X PATRIOT for 25.99
I'd be careful of off brand cards unless they're in the database at Dyxum (look for user speed tests). Some of the 50x, 100x, etc. cards around are much slower than even a standard speed Sandisk card in a KM DSLR. You can filter by camera (7D or 5D) by selecting one at the column at the top. Then, look for comparisons using the same firmware (for 7D owners, the newer 1.10 firmware gave a big jump in performance).

http://www.dyxum.com/reviews/cfcard/index.asp

But, if a card you're interested in only shows up in the 5D tests, you can pretty much bet that if it's a lot slower compared to other cards in 5D, then it will be a lot slower compared to other cards in a 7D, too (the 5D just has a faster interface to media compared to the 7D).

It depends on how you're using a camera and whether or not you're going to fill up the buffer and need to wait on the camera to write to take more photos.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2006, 9:20 PM   #12

I have one off-brand slow card (though it was marketed as "super extra fast" or something) and the buffer lets you shoot without trouble usually, but it still takes longer to review pictures and transfer them to your computer. I dont really like using it, but it does work well as a backup.
tmoreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2006, 9:00 PM   #13

Tmoreau-

What kinda lens do you have pictured as your avatar? It looks like a 50mm prime with a whole bunch of filters screwed on it.

I'm just curious....
Hawaii Built is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2006, 4:07 PM   #14
Administrator

meanstreak wrote:
Quote:
Edited: I couldnb't find any for 19.99, theydo have 1GB CF 50X PATRIOT for 25.99
It looks like they got some more in.

Outpost.com has the Lexar 40x 1GB CompactFlash cards listed again at $19.99 with free shipping (change it from 2nd day to Ground Shipping at Checkout and you'll get shipping for free).

http://shop1.outpost.com/product/3790006

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2006, 6:07 PM   #15
RJR

Saw the information on the 5D with the 18-70mm lens and the 75-300mm lens closeouts at CC and had to see if they had anything still available. Ended up getting the 5D with 18-70mm lens and also picked up the 75-300mm D lens for a grand total of 388 bucks. I'm sure glad i happened on this forum earlier today.

Makes a great backup for my 7D and two more lenses to boot, what a deal!
RJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2006, 8:52 AM   #16

Hawaii Built wrote:
Quote:
Tmoreau-

What kinda lens do you have pictured as your avatar? It looks like a 50mm prime with a whole bunch of filters screwed on it.

I'm just curious....
I believe it is a 50mm 2.8 Macro.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote