Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Jul 7, 2006, 9:51 AM   #11

but on sonystyle it is listed for $449.00. Is this just to encourage buying through dealers at reduced prices?
http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE...ctSKU=HVLF56AM

JimC wrote:
Quote:
maxxum7d wrote:
Quote:
Can someone help me find a 5600hsd?!!!!
If you can't find one at a price you can live with, Adorama should have the new Sony HVL-F56A available for $349 in a couple of weeks. I'd expect to see it showing up at other vendors, too.

Sonystyle is reporting that the new Alpha and associated accessories will be shipping on or before July 28th in the U.S. They'll start shipping this week in Canada and around the 21st in some other regions.

maxxum7d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2006, 10:02 AM   #12
Administrator

Most manufacturer web sites are going to sell products at full list price.

Some dealers tend to discount them. It's all a matter of supply and demand.

Brand new models typically demand a premium (since everyone wants to get the "latest and greatest" gear). So, we'll just have to wait and see how dealers respond to demand.

But, I'd expect to see some dealers discounting the new Sony DSLR models and accessories (and Adorama has already given price quotes on the new flash at $349).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2006, 10:02 AM   #13

tango_28 wrote:
Quote:
I could pick it for you and ship it. This lens not bad for the money, here are shots with my sigma 28-300 and KM 75-300 (No Photoshop touch up)

sigma lens at 300mm

KM at 300mm

That's mighty nice of you to offer to do that. Just give me a day or so to check locally, but I might take you up on it.
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2006, 1:06 PM   #14

meanstreak wrote:
Quote:
maxxum7d wrote:
Quote:
I called all CCs in manhattan and found the last remaining 75-300mm, couldn't be happier!!!

Can someone help me find a 5600hsd?!!!!
There's another one in Manhattan but the clerk can't sell it without the manager who was not in. It is in their stock case as an open unit and I was hoping to get it at a closeout price. I don't understand how these stores function some times In the good old days when something was discontinued it was easy to buy. Today all you get excuses why they can't sell it.

As for the 5600 flash, I don't think you will have much luck and most stores would probably gouge you knowing there are none around. I was lucky when I got mine a while back ago and was surprized that B&H was selling the for 299. I ended up with 2 and sold one on EBay for almost 500 dollars. I should have bought all eight they had in stock or at least kept them both, but the 200 dollar profit was to much to resist. I am almost tempted to sell mine on EBay while I can still get top dollar and purchase the Sony later. Of course since the Sony is more money I would not realize as much profit selling the 5600 and buying the Sony.
When I went to pick up my zoom from the CC down here, they had one open stock left (which I promptly snatched up). I inquired about the floor model, remembering the awesome deal meanstreak got when he bought his 5D off the display. The salesperson said even though they don't have any more lenses in stock, they gotta keep the floor model until it is marked either discontinued or a product they no longer sold. I told the salesguy that Minolta folded up shop, and I'd be really suprised if they'd get any in. He looked it up on the computer and said that yeah, he is showing zero stock, and none expected to arrive.... BUT, theygotta wait until it is marked down with a $XX.96 price... When that happens, i'm guessing whatever open stock 5D's they have left will be substantially lower in price too.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I'm really happy with my 75-300... I wish it was black, I wish it was black, I wish it was black... but for 42 scripts, who's complaining?
Hawaii Built is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2006, 4:19 AM   #15

Does anyone know if they are being sold at CCin California, too? For that price I'd pick one up.

Rainer

http://euromaninla.zoto.com/galleries
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2006, 7:08 AM   #16

rduve wrote:
Quote:
Does anyone know if they are being sold at CCin California, too? For that price I'd pick one up.

Rainer

Rainer, the only bargain I found at Houston CC was the Maxell battery for $10-11.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2006, 11:54 AM   #17

cope wrote:
Quote:
rduve wrote:
Quote:

Rainer

Rainer, the only bargain I found at Houston CC was the Maxell battery for $10-11.

Thanks. I'll look for that. I could use another (third) battery for my upcoming vacation in Germany.

Rainer

rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2006, 1:58 PM   #18
RJR

Hawaii Built wrote:
Quote:
meanstreak wrote:
When I went to pick up my zoom from the CC down here, they had one open stock left (which I promptly snatched up). I inquired about the floor model, remembering the awesome deal meanstreak got when he bought his 5D off the display. The salesperson said even though they don't have any more lenses in stock, they gotta keep the floor model until it is marked either discontinued or a product they no longer sold. I told the salesguy that Minolta folded up shop, and I'd be really suprised if they'd get any in. He looked it up on the computer and said that yeah, he is showing zero stock, and none expected to arrive.... BUT, theygotta wait until it is marked down with a $XX.96 price... When that happens, i'm guessing whatever open stock 5D's they have left will be substantially lower in price too.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I'm really happy with my 75-300... I wish it was black, I wish it was black, I wish it was black... but for 42 scripts, who's complaining?
Quote:
When I went looking on the 4th I got the same story but I pressed the issue and the manager finally agreed to sell the display. They sold me the 5D with the 18-70mm lens and the KM 75-300mm D lens for a total price of three hundred and eighty-eight dollars.
RJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2006, 4:17 PM   #19

First time using this lens... I thought the moon would make a good test subject.

300mm - 5D in Auto mode - shot hand held - no PP, just some cropping

This is one awesome lens. Needless to say, I'm very happy with this really affordable piece of glass!
Attached Images

Hawaii Built is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2006, 8:23 PM   #20

KM 7D with Maxxum 75-300mm f3.5-5.6 @ 300mm (450 equiv):

Last edited by bernabeu; Jun 27, 2015 at 4:24 PM.
bernabeu is offline   Reply With Quote