Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Jul 2, 2006, 3:03 PM   #1

Got a KM 75-300mm 59.99 from Circut City, now I have to finda KMflash for cheap. Anybody knowof a Circut City that has KM 5600 or 3600 flash? None of the Twin Cites stores have them.
tango_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 2, 2006, 10:01 PM   #2

yeah, i saw that dpreview.com posters were picking up this lens dirt cheap too. i wanted to head out to cc today but am laid out with the flu. this sucks - especially since i just picked my camera up and it's really nice outside.

get'um while you can! good luck with your hunt for a flash unit! those things are super hard to find.
Hawaii Built is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2006, 11:32 PM   #3

tango_28 wrote:
Quote:
Got a KM 75-300mm 59.99 from Circut City, now I have to finda KMflash for cheap. Anybody knowof a Circut City that has KM 5600 or 3600 flash? None of the Twin Cites stores have them.
Nice price... they had this in stock in the store?
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2006, 7:22 AM   #4

Of the 5 stores I called, two had them. They were the Roseville, MN and Maplewood, MN, hope that helps.
Old Jul 5, 2006, 10:10 PM   #5

tango_28 wrote:
Quote:
Of the 5 stores I called, two had them. They were the Roseville, MN and Maplewood, MN, hope that helps.
Just a short train ride from New York. LOL
Old Jul 6, 2006, 5:39 PM   #6

I could pick it for you and ship it. This lens not bad for the money, here are shots with my sigma 28-300 and KM 75-300 (No Photoshop touch up)

sigma lens at 300mm

KM at 300mm

Old Jul 6, 2006, 6:53 PM   #7

Picked the last one up in the store yesterday. It was an open box item, so it came out to a bit over 40 dollars... even though it's silver, the price can't be beat! Jeez, I LOVE bargains like these!

Question: How do I clean all of the fingerprints and stuff off of the lens' glass?

Hawaii Built is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2006, 9:29 AM   #8

I called all CCs in manhattan and found the last remaining 75-300mm, couldn't be happier!!!

Can someone help me find a 5600hsd?!!!!
maxxum7d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2006, 9:37 AM   #9
Administrator

maxxum7d wrote:
Quote:
If you can't find one at a price you can live with, Adorama should have the new Sony HVL-F56A available for $349 in a couple of weeks. I'd expect to see it showing up at other vendors, too.

Sonystyle is reporting that the new Alpha and associated accessories will be shipping on or before July 28th in the U.S. They'll start shipping this week in Canada and around the 21st in some other regions.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2006, 9:47 AM   #10

maxxum7d wrote:
Quote:
I called all CCs in manhattan and found the last remaining 75-300mm, couldn't be happier!!!

There's another one in Manhattan but the clerk can't sell it without the manager who was not in. It is in their stock case as an open unit and I was hoping to get it at a closeout price. I don't understand how these stores function some times In the good old days when something was discontinued it was easy to buy. Today all you get excuses why they can't sell it.

As for the 5600 flash, I don't think you will have much luck and most stores would probably gouge you knowing there are none around. I was lucky when I got mine a while back ago and was surprized that B&H was selling the for 299. I ended up with 2 and sold one on EBay for almost 500 dollars. I should have bought all eight they had in stock or at least kept them both, but the 200 dollar profit was to much to resist. I am almost tempted to sell mine on EBay while I can still get top dollar and purchase the Sony later. Of course since the Sony is more money I would not realize as much profit selling the 5600 and buying the Sony.