Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 3, 2006, 11:51 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 65
Default

It's $349 at Adorama, just got the email from for the price


tango_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 3, 2006, 12:12 PM   #2
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Savannah, GA (USA)
Posts: 22,378
Default

They've also got the HVL-F36AM listed at $249

http://www.adorama.com/ISOHVLF36.htm...&item_no=1

I don't know if they're actually in stock or not yet, though.



JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2006, 12:18 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 65
Default

Coming in two weeks, Just got off the phone with them. Also you have to place your order thru the phone, no internet orders being taken at this time.
tango_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2006, 1:10 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Hawaii Built's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 171
Default

"Compatible Models: DSLR-A100 DSLR-A100K
*DSC-F505V, DSC-F707, DSC-F717, DSC-S70, DSC-S75, DSC-S85, MVC-CD1000, MVC-CD200, MVC-CD250, MVC-CD300, MVC-CD400, MVC-FD90, MVC-FD92, MVC-FD95 and MVC-FD97 require use of ACC Cable (included). " - taken from Adorama's description... hmmm, what's the difference between DSLR-A100 and DSLR-A100K?

Those prices seem to be only a few bucks higher than the Minolta flashes. cool.

Hawaii Built is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2006, 10:57 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 8
Default

Nice to see Sony may allow people to buy accessories again for a reasonable price. Wonder how long flashes, remote releases, etc., will be on backorder once the initial supply is sold out?
GJBenn85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2006, 3:35 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
RavenFalls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 16
Default

A100K = A100 with kit lens.

I notice two models missing from the compatibility list, specifically the 7D and 5D. While I can understand Sony not wanting to mention what are still "competitor's models," there has been some speculation on another forum that Sony's silence concerning KM compatibility might imply that the units have been redesigned just enough to work only with future Sony models, not past KM ones.

Can anyone confirm that the new Sony flashes will, in fact, be backward-compatible with the 7D/5D? If they are, I think you can expect a "market crash" on eBay for sellers of the 5600HS.

Hawaii Built wrote:
Quote:
"Compatible Models: DSLR-A100 DSLR-A100K
*DSC-F505V, DSC-F707, DSC-F717, DSC-S70, DSC-S75, DSC-S85, MVC-CD1000, MVC-CD200, MVC-CD250, MVC-CD300, MVC-CD400, MVC-FD90, MVC-FD92, MVC-FD95 and MVC-FD97 require use of ACC Cable (included). " - taken from Adorama's description... hmmm, what's the difference between DSLR-A100 and DSLR-A100K?

Those prices seem to be only a few bucks higher than the Minolta flashes. cool.
RavenFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2006, 7:22 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
cope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 718
Default

RavenFalls wrote:
Quote:
there has been some speculation on another forum that Sony's silence concerning KM compatibility might imply that the units have been redesigned just enough to work only with future Sony models, not past KM ones.

Can anyone confirm that the new Sony flashes will, in fact, be backward-compatible with the 7D/5D? If they are, I think you can expect a "market crash" on eBay for sellers of the 5600HS.
I have read from many sources that the Sony units will be compatable with the 5D and 7D. Sony intends to sell cameras, this may explain their silence on the comatability issue. Forum speculation is for the most part just that, mindless speculation on the part of bored posters.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2006, 10:27 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 202
Default

Can someone who buys this post a review
Sony says its $449: http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE...ctSKU=HVLF56AM
cope wrote:
Quote:
RavenFalls wrote:
Quote:
there has been some speculation on another forum that Sony's silence concerning KM compatibility might imply that the units have been redesigned just enough to work only with future Sony models, not past KM ones.

Can anyone confirm that the new Sony flashes will, in fact, be backward-compatible with the 7D/5D? If they are, I think you can expect a "market crash" on eBay for sellers of the 5600HS.
I have read from many sources that the Sony units will be compatable with the 5D and 7D. Sony intends to sell cameras, this may explain their silence on the comatability issue. Forum speculation is for the most part just that, mindless speculation on the part of bored posters.
maxxum7d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2006, 10:48 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 83
Default

Given the chance, would you buy the 5600HS or would you wait for the Sony HVL-F56AM ?

Also are there any differece between the KM and Sony Flash?

thanks
Gobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2006, 11:50 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
meanstreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,234
Default

Gobs wrote:
Quote:
Given the chance, would you buy the 5600HS or would you wait for the Sony HVL-F56AM ?

Also are there any differece between the KM and Sony Flash?

thanks
I'm not sure if there are any differences but if they were close or the same the Sony is the better value since you can't get a 5600 without paying top dollar. I have a 5600 already that I paid 299 for so if they are relatively the same, their is no point for me to upgrade unless I act fast and sell mine for a profit on EBay. I think the days of people paying 500 for a 5600 are soon to be over.
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 AM.