Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 19, 2006, 7:34 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
meanstreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,234
Default

cope wrote:
Quote:
meanstreak wrote:
Quote:
Such a bargain.... the other day the starting bid was 10 dollars now it is 5 dollars. I wonder what the heck he put it through. I love the smooth repair job.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Minolta-RC-1000-...QQcmdZViewItem

Strange thing is that this same guy is selling two miny looking Maxum 9 film cameras with grips.
I'm not sure I follow you as to why that strange or what you mean. In fact, I am posititve I don't follow you. :?


meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2006, 8:46 AM   #22
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 8
Default

It is a lousy repair job done with electrical tape and what looks like epoxy. I wouldn't buy it for $5.
GJBenn85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2006, 10:12 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
cope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 718
Default

meanstreak wrote:
Quote:
cope wrote:
Quote:
meanstreak wrote:
Quote:
Such a bargain.... the other day the starting bid was 10 dollars now it is 5 dollars. I wonder what the heck he put it through. I love the smooth repair job.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Minolta-RC-1000-...QQcmdZViewItem

Strange thing is that this same guy is selling two miny looking Maxum 9 film cameras with grips.
I'm not sure I follow you as to why that strange or what you mean. In fact, I am posititve I don't follow you. :?

Sorry for being so vague. What I meant to say is that it seems strange that a guy who owns a couple of minty Maxxum 9s would do such a shoddy repair.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2006, 10:17 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
meanstreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,234
Default

cope wrote:
Quote:
meanstreak wrote:
Quote:
cope wrote:
Quote:
meanstreak wrote:
Quote:
Such a bargain.... the other day the starting bid was 10 dollars now it is 5 dollars. I wonder what the heck he put it through. I love the smooth repair job.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Minolta-RC-1000-...QQcmdZViewItem

Strange thing is that this same guy is selling two miny looking Maxum 9 film cameras with grips.
I'm not sure I follow you as to why that strange or what you mean. In fact, I am posititve I don't follow you. :?

Sorry for being so vague. What I meant to say is that it seems strange that a guy who owns a couple of minty Maxxum 9s would do such a shoddy repair.
Aha.... you orginally said miny, not minty. Now I get it. He is selling a lot of stuff so maybe it is not really stuff he used and he is reselling. In any event that is the worst repair job I have have ever seen. It wouldn't be so bad if it was just abd tape job, but that glue/epxoy/silicone job he did on the connector is horrible. LOL

Guess it still works though.
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2006, 11:28 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
tmoreau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 477
Default

"I wonder what the heck he put it through."

A lawnmower? Woodchipper? The heavyset inlaws salad?
tmoreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2006, 3:08 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
cope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 718
Default

KEH shows the RC-1000L for $25 in EX condition. I bought one from them last weekend.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2006, 2:00 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
meanstreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,234
Default

B&H has a used RC-1000L for $25. Better than paying EBay prices.

I would buy it but I already have 10 of them :|
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2006, 4:26 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 202
Default

can you lend me one then?
:-)
maxxum7d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2006, 5:09 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 338
Default

I stopped in today at the local Minolta dealer ( he's refusing to take his sign down, so I'm going to stick with his denial) but he is currently out of RC-1000L's. He's got quite a few new lenses though, it was a struggle to not buy...

I'll keep checking but since he can't get new stock I'm not sure how many he'll be able to get his hands on.
Mercury694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2006, 5:12 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 202
Default

Is this in new york? I haven't gotten high recently, need some new lenses quickly. AARRRRGGJHHHH!


Minoltaspotting.

Mercury694 wrote:
Quote:
I stopped in today at the local Minolta dealer ( he's refusing to take his sign down, so I'm going to stick with his denial) but he is currently out of RC-1000L's. He's got quite a few new lenses though, it was a struggle to not buy...

I'll keep checking but since he can't get new stock I'm not sure how many he'll be able to get his hands on.
maxxum7d is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 8:33 PM.