Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Jul 14, 2006, 9:00 AM   #1

Does anyone know where I can get one of these for around the $10 to $15 range? I don't mind if it is a used one as long as it works. Thanks!

tikiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 14, 2006, 9:17 AM   #2

Nope, they sell for much more than that.

I bought a 1000s (s=short l-long) from adorama's used department for about $25. To get a better price you'd need to stumble upon an unknown deal yourself.
tmoreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2006, 9:54 AM   #3

tikiman wrote:
Quote:
Does anyone know where I can get one of these for around the $10 to $15 range? I don't mind if it is a used one as long as it works. Thanks!

Someone in this forum had found some at his local store for 10 bucks and he was going to get back to me if he had more.

The prices onEBay are expensive. The best I have seen used was at K&H, about 29 for the long cord and 27 for the short without shipping but I missed out on both.

meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2006, 10:25 AM   #4

Yeah Meanstreak I am sorry- I have not made it down to the store yet. I wanted to get down there for a specific reason and since the issue is solved haven't made it a priority to get down there (it's about an hour drive). If he's got any left when I do go in (I can't imagine it will be more than 2 weeks before I go down there for something) I'll get you one and probably get a few to ebay for stupid profit.
Mercury694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2006, 10:32 AM   #5

Mercury694 wrote:
Quote:
Yeah Meanstreak I am sorry- I have not made it down to the store yet. I wanted to get down there for a specific reason and since the issue is solved haven't made it a priority to get down there (it's about an hour drive). If he's got any left when I do go in (I can't imagine it will be more than 2 weeks before I go down there for something) I'll get you one and probably get a few to ebay for stupid profit.
Hey... no worries. If it happens fine... if not, eventually I will get something. I think one of the local dealers has a RC1000S, but I really wanted an RC1000L. I don't know why they bother with the short one. Of course if you are working behind the camera the short is adquate and if you want to take a picture of yourself, you can always go with the timer. They should have just made one and made an extention cord. Actually, I could splice some wire and connectors in bewteen if I had to. I still haven't figured out, why they can't go wireless like I have on my camcorder and I had on my FZ30.
Old Jul 14, 2006, 2:58 PM   #6

"They should have just made one and made an extention cord."

I've thought the same thing. The short one is much more convienent for me, its all I need and packs to a much more reasonable size in my camera bag.

If your cheap, you can make one using the internal audio cable for a cd-rom drive (I've seen several people do this). File off the fourth terminal and add whatever switch you want.
tmoreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2006, 6:46 PM   #7

Sony is going to release the same remote cable as an accessory. I am wanting to buy one as well but refuse to pay the absolutely insane prices the current used Minolta remote cables are going for (saw one recently sell for $90!).
GJBenn85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2006, 6:54 PM   #8

tmoreau wrote:
Quote:
"They should have just made one and made an extention cord."

I've thought the same thing. The short one is much more convienent for me, its all I need and packs to a much more reasonable size in my camera bag.

If your cheap, you can make one using the internal audio cable for a cd-rom drive (I've seen several people do this). File off the fourth terminal and add whatever switch you want.
Hey! Who you calling cheap???? LOL Just Kidding!!!!

A while back ago there was somebody selling a used wireless one made by some guying selling them on EBay. Don't know why the guy stopped... it was a great idea and I don't think it violated or infringed upon KM.Probably not enough demand due to price. You connected the receiver to the camera and it had a small remote. It wasn't real cheap, but a nice idea. I'll bet you can get a standard switchable receiver and transmitter and wire it to a connector.

Old Jul 14, 2006, 7:17 PM   #9

GJBenn85 wrote:
Quote:
Sony is going to release the same remote cable as an accessory. I am wanting to buy one as well but refuse to pay the absolutely insane prices the current used Minolta remote cables are going for (saw one recently sell for $90!).
Sony still has the Maxxum cable on their parts site but it ain't cheap there either. I forget if it was the long or short one.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 12:27 AM   #10

I know this won't help you in the desired price range, but B&H had new units in stock last week at $36.95. I would think they might have some still left.

RavenFalls is offline   Reply With Quote