Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Jul 28, 2006, 4:11 PM   #1

I just felt the need to mention the ebooks written by Gary Friedman. I first purchased his Minolta A1/A2 book shortly after I had purchased my camera. I was so impressed by that ebook that the first thing I did after purchasing a 5D was to go and buy a copy of Gary's ebook for the 5D/7D.
Again a great and easy to understand book.<P>However what's really impressed me is what has taken place today. About a week ago I had a crash on my PC and lost the 5D/7D ebook copy that I had. I emailed Gary this morning to see about downloading another copy since I had originally downloaded the book in February.
Not only did I receive a resoponse within a few hours from Gary but because I had trouble getting the download to work I had to email Gary three more times. Each time I had a response from him within a few minutes and we finally got the download to work.<P> Turns out to be some settings on my machine here at work. I know the other times I downloaded the books it went flawlessly.<P>Not only are his books great but his support is just as good. I couldn't recommend his site enough. From what I understand he's currently working on a book for the Alpha 100. <P>Do yourself a favor if you're looking for some really helpful books and photos check out http://www.friedmanarchives.com
rckeystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 28, 2006, 9:59 PM   #2

rckeystone wrote:
Quote:
I just felt the need to mention the ebooks written by Gary Friedman. I first purchased his Minolta A1/A2 book shortly after I had purchased my camera. I was so impressed by that ebook that the first thing I did after purchasing a 5D was to go and buy a copy of Gary's ebook for the 5D/7D.
Again a great and easy to understand book.<P>However what's really impressed me is what has taken place today. About a week ago I had a crash on my PC and lost the 5D/7D ebook copy that I had. I emailed Gary this morning to see about downloading another copy since I had originally downloaded the book in February.
Not only did I receive a resoponse within a few hours from Gary but because I had trouble getting the download to work I had to email Gary three more times. Each time I had a response from him within a few minutes and we finally got the download to work.<P> Turns out to be some settings on my machine here at work. I know the other times I downloaded the books it went flawlessly.<P>Not only are his books great but his support is just as good. I couldn't recommend his site enough. From what I understand he's currently working on a book for the Alpha 100. <P>Do yourself a favor if you're looking for some really helpful books and photos check out http://www.friedmanarchives.com
Quote:
I agree it is a good book... it won't take much for him to write the ALPHA version since it isn't much different than the 5D/7D
Quote:
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2006, 8:09 AM   #3

Another book I recommend for the 5D is the Magic Lantern Guide. I understand the 7D copy has some errors, but I like the 5D. Some say it's just an owner's manual, but I find it useful. I got mine from WalMart for $12.95. Do a pricegrabber search for it.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2006, 10:03 AM   #4

I bought Gary's ebook for the 5D/7D, but I can't find it on my hardrive.
tango_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2006, 10:52 AM   #5

tango_28 wrote:
Quote:
I bought Gary's ebook for the 5D/7D, but I can't find it on my hardrive.
Contact him, he will probably re-send it to you.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2006, 1:41 PM   #6

I sent him an email after searching my hardrive for 3 hours last night.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 1:00 AM   #7

I got finally going, excellent book!!! If you want to get the most of out your 7D or 5D camera I highly recomanded gettingthis book.