Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Aug 6, 2006, 1:04 PM   #1

does any one have this combo

how well do they work together

is this extra flash really worth it
dafiryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 6, 2006, 3:17 PM   #2

i have a 5d with the 3600 flash and really enjoy it.

shot a wedding the other day, from the back of the church to the alter the flash carried relly well.
ecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2006, 9:31 PM   #3

ecap wrote:
Quote:
i have a 5d with the 3600 flash and really enjoy it.

shot a wedding the other day, from the back of the church to the alter the flash carried relly well.

X2 on having the 5D and 3600 flash combo. I really like it too! Yes there are some things thatI wish were a little different (battery cover, pre-flash) but, it is a much better option than not having a flash at all!

~Aloha~
Hawaii Built is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2006, 7:59 AM   #4

I agree batt. door is weak but i can live with that for the results i am getting.

Also dont think the swivel head on the 5600 is worth the extra $$. I also like the 3600 because it works with both my film and digital camera, less equip to carry.
ecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2006, 12:18 PM   #5

ecap wrote:
Quote:
I agree batt. door is weak but i can live with that for the results i am getting.

Also dont think the swivel head on the 5600 is worth the extra $$. I also like the 3600 because it works with both my film and digital camera, less equip to carry.
If you do any portraits with shoe mount flash, you will realize why the swivel is important. Also, the 5600 has higher guide number and hence, longer flash. Otherwise, nothing wrong with the 3600, and I wouldn't mind finding one at the right price.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2006, 2:41 PM   #6

cope wrote:
Quote:
ecap wrote:
Quote:

If you do any portraits with shoe mount flash, you will realize why the swivel is improtant. Also, the 5600 has higher guide number and hence, longer flash. Otherwise, nothing wrong with the 3600, and I wouldn't mind finding one at the right price.
I like mine, but it's usless as a wireless trigger for studio strobes (not that it bothers me too much, I have an infrared trigger for that).
Old Aug 10, 2006, 11:57 AM   #7

I have had good luck with mine, and would definately recommend it but it is not perfect. The only item I wish it had were full manual controls but aside from that I'm pleased. It is quite powerful. The preflash will make some people get the lazy eye syndrome and it won't sync withstrobes as mentioned. The wireless feature is handy and I think you can add up to three units for this.
gipper51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2006, 2:37 PM   #8

Add-on flash is the only alternative to availible light, that little on-camera job is just a trigger for the wireless feature!

I have the sigma ef500dg super, more like the 5600. Bounce flash is the number one priority, this will give very good results. I like being able to swivel and bounce off a wall behind/next to me when the cieling is inadequate. Its not a NEED feature, but is a useful extra option to have. Wireless has become a NEED feature for me, great thing that.
tmoreau is offline   Reply With Quote