Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Aug 24, 2006, 3:42 PM   #31

I'm buying another one. I already have two bodies.

I hate walmart.
maxxum7d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2006, 5:26 PM   #32

As of 5:19 CST, they were back in stock. Strange deal, running out around midnight and having stock again several times during the day.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2006, 9:39 PM   #33

cope wrote:
Quote:
As of 5:19 CST, they were back in stock. Strange deal, running out around midnight and having stock again several times during the day.
Maybe they got some cancellations, since it appears people have the option to do so until it is actually processed. I imagine some people have second thoughts while waiting.

I got a call from them to confirmthe purchase. They then told me it would be reviewed tomorrow. I asked if she could confirm thatI was getting one, but I got nothing concrete. Iasked her if by me getting thecall that it wasnormally an indication that I would be getting one and I got the impression that the answer was yes. Makes sense that they wouldn't confirm my order if they had no intention of shipping.

meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2006, 9:43 PM   #34

maxxum7d wrote:
Quote:
I'm buying another one. I already have two bodies.

I hate walmart.
If you hate Walmart, where do you plan to hide the bodies.... :ak47: Target?

Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:54 AM   #35

My second body is on its way. I should get it in a few hours according to UPS tracking. Pleasantly surprised with Wal-Mart's speed of confirmation and shipping. I ordered it only two days ago.

Now I just need that memory card to ship. Amazon's pretty slow.
RC8015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2006, 11:27 AM   #36

RC8015 wrote:
Quote:
My second body is on its way. I should get it in a few hours according to UPS tracking. Pleasantly surprised with Wal-Mart's speed of confirmation and shipping. I ordered it only two days ago.

I ordered 2 days ago as well, and just got my confirmation email. I went with their cheap shipping because I had heard of long delays with 2nd day. As long as it gets here, I'll be happy. I ordered 2-2GB Sandisk cards through a Price Grabber storefront, and they shipepd yesterday, so I should have them Monday or Tuesday. I paid $30 for a BP-400, 2 clones and a BC-400 charger a week or 2 ago; The seller had his camera in at Precision and Sony paid him off, I just happened to be the first to respond to his offer.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2006, 11:52 AM   #37

cope wrote:
Quote:
RC8015 wrote:
Quote:

I ordered 2 days ago as well, and just got my confirmation email. I went with their cheap shipping because I had heard of long delays with 2nd day. As long as it gets here, I'll be happy. I ordered 2-2GB Sandisk cards through a Price Grabber storefront, and they shipepd yesterday, so I should have them Monday or Tuesday. I paid $30 for a BP-400, 2 clones and a BC-400 charger a week or 2 ago; The seller had his camera in at Precision and Sony paid him off, I just happened to be the first to respond to his offer.
I believe mine is taking a bit of time to process because of American Express. That is They is why they called me yesterday to confirm. Once I confirmed, they had to wait until today to release the order. According to someone I just spoke to it should be shipped within 24 to 48 hours of the order release. According to the person on the phone I should be getting one.

[align=center][/align]
[align=center]They also told me that it was a good thing mine was delayed because all the units that have been released for shipping prior to mine were in a holding area where a roof caved in and released a huge dust cloud from the sheetrock. [/align]
[align=center]:shock:[/align]
[align=center]The cloud wasso huge it took 30 minutes for people to see their hand in front of their face.[/align]
[align=center]:-D[/align]
[align=center]I guess sometimes it pays to be last!!! [/align]

Old Aug 25, 2006, 12:50 PM   #38

When did you order?
Old Aug 25, 2006, 1:56 PM   #39

maxxum7d wrote:
Quote:
When did you order?
I ordered almost when they first posted the news of the price drop on this forum and Dyxum.com. That was the 23rd. I should be hearing something soon.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 2:50 PM   #40

Interesting. I ordered on the 23rd and I already have a tracking number. This will be my 3rd 7D body. Can't believe it.