Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Aug 25, 2006, 5:51 PM   #41

maxxum7d wrote:
Quote:
Interesting. I ordered on the 23rd and I already have a tracking number. This will be my 3rd 7D body. Can't believe it.
The reason mine is delayed is because they had to call to confirm before processing so I lost a day's time.

meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2006, 6:04 PM   #42

meanstreak wrote:
Quote:
maxxum7d wrote:
Quote:
Interesting. I ordered on the 23rd and I already have a tracking number. This will be my 3rd 7D body. Can't believe it.
The reason mine is delayed is because they had to call to confirm before processing so I lost a day's time.

Seems that is their normal procedure. They told me any order over $500 rates a phone call. What if you placed the order and went on a trip? I guess no camera!
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2006, 7:17 PM   #43

I finally got a ups tracking number, they said 24-48 hours processing time and they took just about 50 hours until they shipped. I cant wait! Glad to know for sure its on its way now, that "processing" BS was driving me nuts!

Now to send the 5d to sony to fix the first-shot-blackout and a sticky button.

My SOP is to give a fake phone number (generally area code-000-0000) because too many companies have been abusive with thier marketing practices. This time I actually gave a valid number but they didnt call.
tmoreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2006, 7:30 PM   #44
RJR

I got the confirmation email this AM on the 7d kit I ordered from Walmart on their gonga deal, I called to check status of my order andI got an automated message that it isscheduled to be delivered to me byWednesday September 6th. Looks like they actually had stock because my credit card has now been charged also. :-)
RJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2006, 7:36 PM   #45

RJR wrote:
Quote:
I got the confirmation email this AM on the 7d kit I ordered from Walmart on their gonga deal, I called to check status of my order andI got an automated message that it isscheduled to be delivered to me byWednesday September 6th. Looks like they actually had stock because my credit card has now been charged also. :-)
Same here, wonder how they ship, UPS?
Old Aug 25, 2006, 9:08 PM   #46
RJR

cope wrote:
Quote:
RJR wrote:
Quote:
Same here, wonder how they ship, UPS?

Just went to the Walmart website to check on my order and the order tracking andthe tracking number link isnow shown for my shipment and yes it is UPS.

It still says processing near the top but it also says shipped near the bottom of the information pagealong with the tracking information number and link. I went to the UPS site but they have not updated yet so I could not get the projected delivery date yet.

The most important thing is that it hasbeen shipped now. :-)
Old Aug 25, 2006, 9:27 PM   #47

RJR wrote:
Quote:
Just went to the Walmart website to check on my order and the order tracking andthe tracking number link isnow shown for my shipment and yes it is UPS.

It still says processing near the top but it also says shipped near the bottom of the information pagealong with the tracking information number and link. I went to the UPS site but they have not updated yet so I could not get the projected delivery date yet.

Mine still says processing at the top and bottom. I wish that darned cancel order button wasn't so close to the status area.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 11:31 PM   #48

cope wrote:
Quote:
RJR wrote:
Quote:

Mine still says processing at the top and bottom. I wish that darned cancel order button wasn't so close to the status area.
I got an apology letter from Walmart:

Dear Mike,

Thank you for contacting us at Walmart.com. Your comments and questions
are very important to us as we strive to meet your needs.

We are writing to apologize for our delay in shipping the Konica Minolta
6 MP 7D Digital SLR w/ 18-70mm lens format from your order
12345678900000. We are working to resolve this issue as quickly as
possible. We will ship the delayed items as soon as possible. We
apologize for any inconvenience.

Please note: Walmart.com will not charge your credit card until your
order has shipped.

If we may be of further assistance, please email us at [email protected],
or call us at 1-800-966-6546. We're here to serve you from 7:00 AM EST
to 2:00 AM EST, 7 days a week!

Sincerely,

Godwin
Customer Service at Walmart.com

You guys didn't really think for one minute I would leave my real order number in there so you could cancel my order, did ya?

meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2006, 11:22 AM   #49
RJR

Received another email from Walmart with the tracking information late Friday night. The camera kit was shipped from Ontario, California on the 25th and the tracking information said the following:

"Your package is in the UPS system and is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 08/29/2006. "

That is one day earlier than the original estimate they had given when I ordered. I had juststuck with the standard basic shipping option and it is still only going to be 4 days total including the weekend.

I hope everyone else that ordered has heard some good news by now.

Meanstreak, why did they delay shipping your order?
Old Aug 26, 2006, 1:24 PM   #50

Well, I don't know if this is a problem with all Maxxum 7Ds, but the one I ordered has some white balance problems...does/did anyone have that problem?

I made a new topic on this.
RC8015 is offline   Reply With Quote