Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old May 25, 2007, 10:36 PM   #21

Flying Fossil wrote:
Quote:
I agree Frank. Doesn't appear to be very wireless to me, no clue on the range of the unit.

Also, my friend with the digital sony h9 is having issues with the distance that the unit will funtion.

I use the old Minolta release cables with my A100. I have the RC-1000S and RC-1000L. The RC-1000L gives you 5 metres range which I find more than adequate for most situations. I must adnit that I have wondered about using a wireless release for getting closer to birds.
FrankD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2007, 5:14 AM   #22

Flying Fossil wrote:
Quote:
I also saw somewhere a reference to a remote control. Is there an option to add a remote to this camera?

I have a friend with the new digital Sony H9 and the wireless remote on it is pretty slick.
Was surfing aroundand came across another Sony/Minolta wireless shutter release. This onelooks like pretty good value to me.

http://www.gadgetinfinity.com/produc...285&page=1

BTW: This site has some neat stuff listed. I believe this is the source of the hot shoe adapter that some people here use.
FrankD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2007, 9:32 AM   #23

Thanks for the heads up Frank,

Nice site to lurk around in. The remote indeed looks like a good value and with a 30 meter range could be very nice to setup some nature shots, and it does appear to be "wireless". hehe.

Thanks again.

Flying Fossil is offline   Reply With Quote