Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Oct 4, 2006, 7:52 PM   #31

I got my 5D back and am being issued a refund check:O
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2006, 10:45 AM   #32

nooner wrote:
Quote:
I got my 5D back and am being issued a refund check:O
So they are buying the cameras but letting people keep them? That's not a bad dealif the first shot problem doesn't get worse.

meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2006, 12:26 PM   #33

Well in my case they precision screwed up and posted the wrong ups tag on my ticket with them and it was something that got shipped back to sony. Then a month after the fact precision finds my camera and ships it to me. After sony had already decided that lost it in there warehouse. I called sony and told them I've got the check, I'm keeping the check and to send me a shipping label if they want the camera back. Still waiting for the label.
kberntsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2006, 12:57 AM   #34

kberntsen wrote:
Quote:
Well in my case they precision screwed up and posted the wrong ups tag on my ticket with them and it was something that got shipped back to sony. Then a month after the fact precision finds my camera and ships it to me. After sony had already decided that lost it in there warehouse. I called sony and told them I've got the check, I'm keeping the check and to send me a shipping label if they want the camera back. Still waiting for the label.
So what are you going to buy?

Meatwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2006, 6:07 AM   #35

Meatwhistle wrote:
Quote:
kberntsen wrote:
Quote:
So what are you going to buy?

He already bought a 7D, and I think he is looking at lenses.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2006, 1:42 PM   #36

Yep got a refurbed (Becaused it missed the Walmart Firesale) 7D and love it. The extra weight in the body helps to balance it out when I have my 28-70 f/2.8 on there. And the quick access to the settings is very nice too.

kberntsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2006, 2:18 PM   #37
Administrator

meanstreak wrote:
Quote:
cope wrote:
Quote:
Mercury694 wrote:
Quote:
Cope,you've attributed me a quote that isn't mine. Not a huge deal, just wanted to make sure nobody thinks I understand the inner workings of televisions ( I've alwaysbelieved thereis a little movie projector and a gnome in there making magic).
Sorry about that, I deleted part of the original post and it looks like you are a TV wizard. Should have given credit to Meanstreak. To tell the truth, I sometimes wonder if anyone understands the inner workings of them.
No matter how much I understand electricity or electronics, the stuff is still voodoo to me.

There is no mystery to what makes electronics work. They all run on smoke - and when the smoke gets out, they stop working. Case closed :G
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2006, 5:13 PM   #38

steve wrote:
Quote:
No matter how much I understand electricity or electronics, the stuff is still voodoo to me.

There is no mystery to what makes electronics work. They all run on smoke - and when the smoke gets out, they stop working. Case closed :G
Steve, you forgot the mirrors! :-)
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2006, 2:06 AM   #39

steve wrote:
Quote:
meanstreak wrote:
Quote:
cope wrote:
Quote:
Mercury694 wrote:
Quote:
Cope,you've attributed me a quote that isn't mine. Not a huge deal, just wanted to make sure nobody thinks I understand the inner workings of televisions ( I've alwaysbelieved thereis a little movie projector and a gnome in there making magic).
Sorry about that, I deleted part of the original post and it looks like you are a TV wizard. Should have given credit to Meanstreak. To tell the truth, I sometimes wonder if anyone understands the inner workings of them.

What's funny is that I was gonna add that line about the smoke, but took it out at the last minute.What are odds I had a whole right up about that as told by an "engineer". I'll have to look for it or maybe Google it and post it.
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote