Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Sep 1, 2006, 4:58 PM   #11

I put a little contrast and lighten it upa little bit. BTW great picture. I use a free version of Microsoft Digital Image. I find it easier to use than Photo Shop.
tango_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2006, 5:11 PM   #12

I have work with Canon Jpeg pictures and it was lot harder work withthan a Minolta Jpeg because they oversaturated red in there pictures. I had my 7D since June 06and the more work I do with other camera brands the more I appreciate my 7D features.
tango_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2006, 6:55 PM   #13

The original looks much better than tango's. I'm looking at it with a calibrated monitor and the redo is way too bright and washed out.
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2006, 7:01 PM   #14

I have a calibrated monitor also and the original looks much better.* Very nice pic.
gobucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2006, 10:17 AM   #15

Here is my attempt using Photoshop CS2.

Randy Wheeler
DnRedit.com
Cavemandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2006, 1:19 PM   #16

Too pink caveman............
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2006, 3:38 PM   #17

Nooner,

Doesn't look too pinkon my monitor which is calibrated. Test patterns colors look rich and saturated so I don't think my monitor is not showing enough color or pink.

Also checked it on a Dell 21' CRT monitor on another computer in the same room which isn't minetherefor notcalibrated and it is not too pink. On an HP 17" LCD laptop, the overall color saturation was higher but again I didn't calibrate that since it is not my computer so I don't know how accurate that was.

Are you looking at it on an LCD or CRT and what model? I'm using a Sony CPD-G520P 21" CRT monitor.

Specs and user comments on the Sony CPD-G520P on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...66IX5?v=glance

Hereis agood user in-depth look at the Sony CPD-G520P I'm using:

http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rlid=54673

Randy

Old Sep 2, 2006, 4:01 PM   #18

Nooner,

What do you think about the overall color and contrast on this pic compared to my last one? It looks about the same to me, same amount of pink also.

Of course, one is taken in the shade outside and one with a flash so the white balance might be slightly different but I see the overall color levels and balance as being about equal.

Just wanted to checkif we are seeing the same colors and levels on our monitors.

Randy

Old Sep 2, 2006, 9:53 PM   #19

Another thing, I don't know what your workflow is, but are you shooting RAW or jpeg. You'll find RAW to be a bit more work at first, but once you figure out your workflow you should be able to cruise right through it. If you want quick proofs for the client to look at during the shoot, use RAW + JPEG mode.

Just my 2 cents.
kberntsen is offline   Reply With Quote