Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 1, 2006, 12:12 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
meanstreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,234
Default

Though I can't speak first hand, I am witnessing a lot of positive action in various forums and threads about Sony parts and repairs. Hopefully, this positve trend will continue to improve and maybe they just needed a chance tosmooth out the transition from KM to Sony. Let's keep out fingers crossed.

BTW, I stillreccomend that we all take the time out to write to Sony parts, sales, repair and let them knowexactly howwe feel in a nice way. In doing so, we have little to lose but a few minutes of our time.
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 1, 2006, 1:08 PM   #2
RJR
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 42
Default

My son had sent his 7D in Julyfor the antishake problem where all appears to be normal but it will not take a picture and the buffer shows zero and all the antishake ld's stay lit.

They just contacted him yesterday for the full purchase price settlement for an unrepairable camera still under warranty. At least he is getting all his money back and he is going to buy my brand new spare 7D from me.:sad:

I had sold my one year old 7D and a new 5D on E BAY and had bought two brand new7D'sin the last month with the 18-70mm lens kits.
RJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2006, 1:19 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
meanstreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,234
Default

RJR wrote:
Quote:
My son had sent his 7D in Julyfor the antishake problem where all appears to be normal but it will not take a picture and the buffer shows zero and all the antishake ld's stay lit.

They just contacted him yesterday for the full purchase price settlement for an unrepairable camera still under warranty. At least he is getting all his money back and he is going to buy my brand new spare 7D from me.:sad:

I had sold my one year old 7D and a new 5D on E BAY and had bought two brand new7D'sin the last month with the 18-70mm lens kits.
Glad to here it worked out for him.

Have I mentioned anywhere in the forum that I am available for adoption?


meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2006, 1:50 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
cope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 718
Default

meanstreak wrote:
Quote:
Glad to here it worked out for him.

Have I mentioned anywhere in the forum that I am available for adoption?

Methinks thou doth protest too much.:roll:
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2006, 3:00 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
meanstreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,234
Default

cope wrote:
Quote:
meanstreak wrote:
Quote:
Glad to here it worked out for him.

Have I mentioned anywhere in the forum that I am available for adoption?

Methinks thou doth protest too much.:roll:
Protest what too much???? :?


meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2006, 5:24 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
cope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 718
Default

meanstreak wrote:
Quote:
cope wrote:
Quote:
meanstreak wrote:
Quote:
Glad to here it worked out for him.

Have I mentioned anywhere in the forum that I am available for adoption?

Methinks thou doth protest too much.:roll:
Protest what too much???? :?

That you want to be adopted (double post) :-)
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2006, 8:24 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
meanstreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,234
Default

cope wrote:
Quote:
meanstreak wrote:
Quote:
cope wrote:
Quote:
meanstreak wrote:
Quote:
Glad to here it worked out for him.

Have I mentioned anywhere in the forum that I am available for adoption?

Methinks thou doth protest too much.:roll:
Protest what too much???? :?

That you want to be adopted (double post) :-)
OK... LOL I didn't pick that up from your post, but I'm just a country boy from NYC


meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2006, 8:42 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 338
Default

I did fire of a polite note to Sony, letting them know that it concerns me that service/repair on KM branded cameras seems to be suffering and reminded them that such things weigh heavily on my decision as to which camera system I am buying into.

I have yet to hear back from Sony, but it's only been 5 days (including a holiday weekend).
Mercury694 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:07 AM.