Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Nov 20, 2006, 11:10 PM   #11

tmoreau wrote:
Quote:
Minolta MPP-1000 lcd protector for 7D

Sony Part Number U-3900-036-U $5.96 (out of stock)

They were out of stock when this thread started, but the got them in pretty quickly. I ordered 5 of them, and although they shipped in three shipments, they only charged me one $6.95 shipping charge.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2006, 11:39 PM   #12

do you really think youll go through that many? I havent lost mine yet, but then again I only have the 7d for 2-months. ALso it looks like its well snapped in the 7d body. Do they tend to get loose over time?

cope wrote:
Quote:
tmoreau wrote:
Quote:
Minolta MPP-1000 lcd protector for 7D

Sony Part Number U-3900-036-U $5.96 (out of stock)

They were out of stock when this thread started, but the got them in pretty quickly. I ordered 5 of them, and although they shipped in three shipments, they only charged me one $6.95 shipping charge.
vclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2006, 6:41 AM   #13

I've had my 7d about a year and have yet to lose the LCDcover. It depends a lot on how you carry the camera and what kind of strap you're using. I still may buy 3 or 4 of them when they show in stock as it concerns me that Sony may choose not to supply accessories for the 7d for very long. There are aftermarket batteries and chargers so I'm not too worried about those but as far as I know only Sony is supplying those LCD covers.
Mercury694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2006, 7:05 AM   #14

While they last, Adrian Paul in the UK is selling them, but the cost is higher and so is the s&h.
Old Nov 22, 2006, 10:30 AM   #15

cope wrote:
Quote:
While they last, Adrian Paul in the UK is selling them, but the cost is higher and so is the s&h.
I ordered several for backup but I'm not sure I'll need them for some time.

BTW.... the reason on I wanted several was because I heard they fall off easy, but mine seemssecurely fastened. I also wanted backup in the event it gets scratched but I have mine covered with a protector
Gozinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2006, 7:33 AM   #16

Gozinta wrote:
Quote:
cope wrote:
Quote:
I ordered several for backup but I'm not sure I'll need them for some time.

BTW.... the reason on I wanted several was because I heard they fall off easy, but mine seemssecurely fastened. I also wanted backup in the event it gets scratched but I have mine covered with a protector
The reason they fall of is the raised portion of the latch, which is designed to let you remove it easier. If you file or sand this raised area down(the one you can feel when it's attached)you will eliminate the hazard of it catching on your camera strap.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 9:56 AM   #17

Canadian Availability

The part is finally available in Canada. I traced it down to Global Electronics Supply at 1-800-668-8776. They were out-of-stock with an expected 10 day delivery.

The Sony part number is the same as elsewhere: U3900036U

They are asking CDN$7.88 and $10 S&H. I ordered three and the total with taxes and S&H came to $36.95.

I hope this helps others in Canada.
Keith Hanlan In Ottawa is offline   Reply With Quote