Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Sep 3, 2006, 1:29 AM   #1

:? Anyone have an idea where I can get a new flash shoe for my Minolta 5600HS(D)? I know they're out there, but I just can't seem to find one. Anyone know the part number??? (Would a replacement shoe for the new Sony equivalent work??? If so, got any idea what that part number might be?)

Anyone have an old 5600HS that doesn't work, but the flash foot is still intact?

I'm really not looking forward to buying a completely new flash because a tiny piece of plastic broke off my flash!

Hope to hear from you soon!
Darren
dainc96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 7, 2006, 11:18 AM   #2

Try Sony, not sure of the cost. Received this from them...

Thank you for your recent inquiry. Please call 1.800.488.SONY for parts and accessories. The part number for the foot assembly is 8841.0189.01.

I'd alreadyordered one from uscamera.com but he's raised the price a bit since.

PS - Some more info from Sony - you may want to confirm the part with an operator just in case.

"The items you requested are listed below.

Item - ( SHOE FOOT ASSY ), U3040222U, $22.23 ea.

You may place your order using the link below or call 1-800-488-7669.
Shipping charges and local taxes will be added to your order at checkout.

Sony Direct Accessories & Parts Center web site -http://www.sony.com/accessories

Thank you for your interest in Sony. "
skittles019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2006, 8:17 PM   #3

Thanks a bunch! I tried to verify the part number with the Sony sales rep, but she didn't have a clue. She did say the item is returnable, so I'm ordering it based on your info. If it turns out to be the wrong one I'll order from usacamer.com - there's is $20 more, but at least it lists the right camera/flash compatability. D.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 9:17 AM   #4

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Whoooo hooooo! Got the new foot from Sony - it turned out to be the right one after all. Took me all of 5 minutes to remove the 4 screws on the bottom of the flash (that I never noticed were there before), unplug the old foot, plug in the new one, and replace the screws. Tested and works perfectly.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Thanks Skittles019! You saved me $300.
Old Sep 8, 2007, 4:01 PM   #5

Well, a year later and guess what? Broke another one...actually the one from my newer (same really) Sony version which was sitting wirelessly on a tripod/umbrella and toppled over with a freak wind gust - ordered the part from Sony this time - thanks for determining that it's thecorrect part.
skittles019 is offline   Reply With Quote