Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha NEX

Old Jun 7, 2010, 2:55 PM   #21

If it is a camcorder, that would be nice. But I am more concern with it as a photography camera. So more controls would be nice instead of the gui.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 12:01 PM   #22

I hope soon there will be a lot of adapters, buuuut not for the horrible prices of RAYQUAL ($210-$275) for Nikon, Canon FD, Pentax and Leica. I got adapters, best quality, for m4/3 for $25-$75 !!!

Obelix would say: toc-toc-toc!
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2010, 4:03 AM   #23

NOVOFLEX adapters for Nikon, Leica R, Minolta MD/MC, Canon FD, Pentax K, Contax/Yashica and M42, price € 90 - € 170, autumn 2010

A lot of adapters from KIPON, even tilt

http://www.dl-kipon.com/onews.asp?id=68

Last edited by DonalDuc; Jun 21, 2010 at 7:18 PM.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 2:56 PM   #24

I got to play with 2 NEX 5 today at 2 different super electronic shops in Germany. All I have to say is this camera is really and seriously gear toward Point and Shooterer looking for better low light and image quality.

I HATE THE GUI, I like the button system on the epl-1 way better. I like the low light shooting of this camera very clean at 3200iso, and good image quality. But if you zoom in onto a the shot, you can see the CA of the kit lens. So they wrapped a great sensor into a point and shoot body and put on a below average lens on it.

But this thing is selling well, all the stores sold out of them for 650 euros.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 6:51 AM   #25

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBox_wfAM08
Old Jun 28, 2010, 4:51 PM   #26

jinfinance (China) delivers adapters for Bolex and Canon FD :-)

http://stores.ebay.com/RJ-camera-acc...&submit=Search

Bolex

Canon FD
Old Dec 13, 2010, 1:25 PM   #27

Default Sony nex3 specs

I have looked all over the web trying to find the weight and size of the nex3 with the 16mm lens attached. Everyone quotes the body weight and size only, which is greatly misleading re the "pocketability" of this camera, since the photos of the complete assembly show that the lens protrudes a long way in front of the grip. Is this some Sony marketing? Also, the 16mm (24 mm 35 eq.) is quite a wide angle for everyday use.

Compare with Samsung nx10 with 30 mm lens (45 eq) for which one can easily find the data:
4.8"wx3.4"hx2.3"d total weight incl bat=499 gm

My conclusion would be that there is not such a great difference in "carryability" between these two APS-C cameras, am I wrong?
aharp52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2010, 2:01 PM   #28

Personally I don't consider any of these cameras, "pocketable". The EPL1 + 17mm or the Lumix 20mm is a very small package but still far larger than my ZS7. The NEX body is tiny but one can easily see by the pictures with the lens that it is not that small of a combo.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2010, 3:00 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by aharp52 View Post
I have looked all over the web trying to find the weight and size of the nex3 with the 16mm lens attached. Everyone quotes the body weight and size only, which is greatly misleading re the "pocketability" of this camera, since the photos of the complete assembly show that the lens protrudes a long way in front of the grip.
Not quite true. The 16mm f/2.8 lens, when mounted on a NEX body, does not extend beyound the handgrip, (See http://www.sonystyle.com/wcsstore/So...7/NEX5AS_2.png ) so the thickness of a NEX body with the 16/2.8 lens attached is the same as without it, 1-9/16. The diameter of the lens barrel, however is 2-7/16, while the height of the camera body is 2-3/8, so the lens adds to the height of the body.

And the body weighs 10.1 oz and the lens weighs 2.5 oz, for a total of 12.6 oz.

See:

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921666192700

... and ...

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921666192755
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2010, 7:32 PM   #30

Default nex5 size, wt

I believe the link you suggested shows the camera and lens mount only; no lens attached. See Steve's review, particularly the first picture that shows the camera with the 16mm lens attached (which clearly indicates that the lens extends beyond the grip) as well as the bottom view with the battery door open that shows the extension even better. In Steve's spec table only includes the wt. quoted does not include the lens, which kind of goes along with my point that "they" are being coy about same.
aharp52 is offline   Reply With Quote