Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha NEX

Old Feb 3, 2011, 12:29 AM   #1

Talking LOOK at what the wife brought home tonight............

so we are pregnant with our third child.............and Monday we had the "lets find out the sex of the baby" ultrasound. i was prepared........we have 2 girls already and i figured sweet another little girl!! already had the name picked out and everything.

BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there we are looking at the screen......the lady says so you have a little girl name huh? i was like yup! she says better find a new name..........
im like your kidding me!!!???? a boy? she says yes a very big boy!! he has big feet, a beautiful brain a strong heart...oh and of course.......he has the little boy parts.
i immediately gasped for air, i had no idea, i really thought it would be another girl, but i was so freaking excited i could not breathe!!!!
anyway...........my wife knew how excited i was, and knew how bad i wanted another camera.............she came home with what you see below.............

Do i have an AWESOME wife or what? 2 beautiful girls, now a baby boy due in June..... and to top it all off she made me lasagna for dinner!!
now i have to get that battery charged, and learn how to shoot with this bad boy!!

crappy shots i know.......thats why im upgrading.........

bryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 3, 2011, 12:30 AM   #2

congrats on the new camera. And congrats on the baby boy, now to find a name for him.

Last edited by shoturtle; Feb 3, 2011 at 12:33 AM.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2011, 12:41 AM   #3

ps

after seeing these photos, nex5 will be a huge jump in image quality. Don't bother about what I said about the kit lenses being soft. It is all from the persons perspective. Coming form a dslr user of 30 years they are soft. But from a point and shooter, it is a sharp lens.

Enjoy it. And I have no doubt the nex5 will give you plenty of photos to treasure.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 12:43 AM   #4

thanks!! i was really hoping you werent gonna bag on me there shoturtle........i got a lot of awesome advice from you on the T2i but at this point for me this Nex feels better......i figure itll be a stepping stone to my next camera in a few years.......

and i had the little guys name picked before we left the hospital..........it just came to me!!! lol
Old Feb 3, 2011, 12:50 AM   #5

Again, congrats on the having a little boy.

When you are shooting the 16mm 2.8 Stop down to about f4-5.6 in aperture mode, and the results will be sharp for everyday shooting. Just use 2.8 for portraits and low light shooting. That was want a friend of mine that got the nex5 does. The results are better. But the kit zoom is the sharper of the 2 lens. I would shoot that one more then the prime.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 1:26 PM   #6

thanks again, and when i figure out how to stop down to f4-5.6 i will....
Old Feb 4, 2011, 10:51 AM   #7

Congratulations on the Lasagne .

I look forward to seeing pictures of your new son with the new Sony. Trying to get shots of my grandson Wyatt is a favorite pastime for me.

Once you get used to your new camera practice shooting in drive mode while tracking moving objects. If you are interested I have a list of things I did wrong or simply did not understand when I was learning my new camera and how to take shots of Wyatt.

Good luck to you

Steve
Old Boat Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2011, 10:58 AM   #8

Congrats on all ... the babe, the camera, and yes, the lasagna ... but ESPECIALLY that wonderful wife!

And a special congrats and awesome wishes to her ... now what are you going to get for HER? (o:

"Creativity is about the play & a kind of willingness to go with your intuition. It's crucial to an artist." ... Frank Gehry ...
Katsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2011, 12:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Boat Guy View Post
Congratulations on the Lasagne .

I look forward to seeing pictures of your new son with the new Sony. Trying to get shots of my grandson Wyatt is a favorite pastime for me.

Once you get used to your new camera practice shooting in drive mode while tracking moving objects. If you are interested I have a list of things I did wrong or simply did not understand when I was learning my new camera and how to take shots of Wyatt.

Good luck to you

Steve
yes please id love some extra help whenever i can get it! thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsi View Post
Congrats on all ... the babe, the camera, and yes, the lasagna ... but ESPECIALLY that wonderful wife!

And a special congrats and awesome wishes to her ... now what are you going to get for HER? (o:

actually i already have a gift for her.....she wanted a COACH baby diaper bag with our other 2 girls but i could never find one, now i have one hidden from her, ready to unleash full of all types of mommy goodies for when she is in the hospital after delivery!!
Old Feb 4, 2011, 3:13 PM   #10

Oh, you are SUCH a good Hubby! Sounds like a great bag ... she should be thrilled ... Gold Stars all 'round! (o:

"Creativity is about the play & a kind of willingness to go with your intuition. It's crucial to an artist." ... Frank Gehry ...
Katsi is offline   Reply With Quote