Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jun 9, 2002, 8:14 AM   #1

Default Picture color is different

When I take a picture of one of our Japanese Irises with my Sony CD1000, the color of the flower edges is a light lavender, but looking through the lens it looks blue and this is also the color that shows up in the photo.
This seems to be something that happens quite often when snapping blues. Is there something that I can do to correct this?
Thanks.
Vera
Vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 10, 2002, 10:42 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally posted by Vera
When I take a picture of one of our Japanese Irises with my Sony CD1000, the color of the flower edges is a light lavender, but looking through the lens it looks blue and this is also the color that shows up in the photo.
This seems to be something that happens quite often when snapping blues. Is there something that I can do to correct this?
Thanks.
Vera
-----------------------------------------------

If you have Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop, or Photoshop "Elements" (or really any decent image editing program), you can tinker in the color control areas that allow you to adjust individual colors and hue, and get some correction in this. If you mean anything you can do in-camera, no.

Many digital cameras have varying levels of "quirkiness" regarding certain colors. Usually reds are the issue, but in some cases, blues. One of my Sonys produces reds that look like a nuclear fallout, and another does fine on it, but puts a blue line around blues, so again, it's a "software fixer", but not a setting on the camera.

Greg
atlantagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2002, 10:49 PM   #3

Default Thanks Greg

Thanks Greg. I just wanted to make sure that perhaps I hadn't missed something on the camera to correct this.
Still learning.

Vera
Vera is offline   Reply With Quote