Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old May 28, 2003, 7:05 PM   #1

Default Thread size on CD400

Sony has refused to tell me the thread size on the CD400 or the thread size of the male end of the adapter ring (52mm) for the camera. I understand they don't want people buying non Sony accessories, but I have tons of 49mm filters that I would love to use with my camera. Does anyone know the thread size on the lens of this camera? I have a guestimate measurement of the size around 44mm, but don't know if't it's 43mm, 43.5mm, 44mm, 44.5mm, etc..

I was looking to have one custom made from 2filter.com, if it's not a typical size.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Mike
mbossart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 28, 2003, 8:34 PM   #2

Hi,
Well, I've had to look around the web looking for accessories for the camera! I tried the accessory finder at Sony's websight, and they seem to have never heard of your camera or mine! (DSC-717). But, I found reference at other places looking for filters and I believe it's a 45mm thread on the camera itself. Heck, worse case, maybe the local camera store will have a filter you can try? Just a thought... Hope it helps
Michael
Mhardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2003, 8:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Sony has refused to tell me the thread size on the CD400
Quote:
I tried the accessory finder at Sony's websight, and they seem to have never heard of your camera or mine! (DSC-717).
Don't feel bad. :x I can't find mine on the sony site either anymore. On my cd250, it just happens to be written on the front of the lens. Might be in the same place on yours.
macleod76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2003, 8:39 AM   #4

Mhardy,

Thanks for the info, do you know what site you saw that on?

Thanks

Mike
mbossart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2003, 9:52 AM   #5

Well, I went to 47th St photo (www.47stphoto.com) and did a search for lens accessories for a CD 400. The page I got said the thing itself (an add on telephoto lens) had a 52mm thread, and that it included a 45-52mm adapter for Sony. That's how I got 45, so it's basically a S.W.A.G. However, the lens I saw was specifically listed for the CD400, so I'm guessing they would have the correct adapter.
Michael
Mhardy is offline   Reply With Quote