Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Sep 17, 2006, 5:13 PM   #1

Hi All,

Well....in terms of photos, this is a basic disaster story -

Yesterday a few friends gave me a 45th birthday party. I knew of the party and went out and bought a new camera - the T30/B. I loved it. Took lots of pictures with it before the party so I would know what I was doing. In addition, a friend of mine took the camera to take pics at the party and some videos.
The party was a success :> and we got home to view all of the photos. EEKS!! Only about 20 photos came out and a few short videos. Otherwise, most of the photos taken didn't even register, even though when we took them it showed the pic taken in the view finder. So most of the photos were either not there and about 15 other pics were assigned file names but showed "0" in the size of the photo - so nothing showed up!!!!
Of course we're terribly disappointed and I want to throw the camera in the garbage - I have had many Sony sameras so I am at a loss.
The memory stick in the camera is a 2 GB Sony High Speed Duo Stick.

Does anyone have any ideas what on earth could have happened or what might be wrong?
Thank you in advance for all of your thoughts and suggestions.

Best Regards, Mara
--
MMB916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 17, 2006, 5:22 PM   #2

Posting black text on a black background ?

Edit it and try again, most people find white on black much easier to read.

Thanks ! for that.

Have you used the memory stick before in another camera ?

Did you format before using ?

Try transfering all you can over to the computer, format in the camera and take another set of test pictures to see if the error is repeated.
Sintares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2006, 5:25 PM   #3

Oops - What a space case I am - I am so thrown off by this photo mess - sorry about that:O

Sintares wrote:
Quote:

Old Sep 17, 2006, 5:29 PM   #4

Thanks so very much.

Yes, I had used this memory stick before for other photos - and used it back and forth in the memory slot on my laptop - and no problem at all
:?
Sintares wrote:
Quote:

Thanks ! for that.

Have you used the memory stick before in another camera ?

Did you format before using ?

Try transfering all you can over to the computer, format in the camera and take another set of test pictures to see if the error is repeated.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 5:33 PM   #5

The pics that show a size of zero, do they show up on the cameras lcd if you go to playback/review mode ?

If so try deleting the zero length files and recopying the failed ones over again.

You might also reboot the computer after deleting the files and try the recopy then.

If you are connecting directly via cable then you could try using a card reader just incase that makes a difference.
Sintares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2006, 5:39 PM   #6

All the pics that show as zero don't show up in review mode.
And I have a memory slot in my Sony laptop that is direct for the Sony memory stick. Also, yesterday (my friend just told me) there was some trouble with review mode. I guess the red light in the camera on the memory stick kept running when it tried to access the card - and it wouldn't work - now that aspect is working fine but still there are only a few photos.

Sintares wrote:
Quote:
The pics that show a size of zero, do they show up on the cameras lcd if you go to playback/review mode ?

If so try deleting the zero length files and recopying the failed ones over again.

You might also reboot the computer after deleting the files and try the recopy then.

If you are connecting directly via cable then you could try using a card reader just incase that makes a difference.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 5:48 PM   #7

It might be the Memory Stick. What brand, and where did you buy it? If you got it from eBay for a ridiculously low price then chances are it's a fake and your memory is corrupt.
DrewN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2006, 5:51 PM   #8

It's a Sony Memory Stick Duo High Speed made by Sony and I ordered it from a recommended reseller over the Internet called "Shentech". I read about them on one of the photog forums.

DrewN wrote:
Quote:
I suspect the Memory Stick. What brand, and where did you buy it? If you got it from eBay for a ridiculously low price then chances are it's a fake and your memory is corrupt.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 6:02 PM   #9

Hmm, never heard of that vendor, but if you paid $48 for a 2GB Sony brand High Speed Duo I'd be very suspicious! Do a Google search on "Fake Memory Stick" and you'll see some threads on it.

Might be worthwhile to try the memory stick that came with your camera to see if you experience the same problems.
DrewN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2006, 6:06 PM   #10

Thanks so very much. Yes, I believe it cost $56. I will do the Google search and check out the stick that came with the camera.

DrewN wrote:
Quote:
Hmm, never heard of that vendor, but if you paid $48 for a 2GB Sony brand High Speed Duo I'd be very suspicious! Do a Google search on "Fake Memory Stick" and you'll see some threads on it.

Might be worthwhile to try the memory stick that came with your camera to see if you experience the same problems.