Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Oct 11, 2006, 6:56 PM   #1

I bought my H2 a few months ago, and I've been very pleased with it except for the seemingly unusual flash recharge times. It can take 15 seconds or more for my flash to recharge and be ready for the next shot, which is incredibly frustrating. Is that normal for this camera?

Does battery selection matter? So far I've only used ni-mh batteries, including the pair that came with the camera. I haven't tried it with non-recharg. alkalines.
RedZeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 11, 2006, 9:26 PM   #2
RD

I have noticed the same thing on my H-2. I have missed many shots of my 2 year old waiting for the flash to recharge.
RD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2006, 10:00 AM   #3

That just stinks. I have the same problem trying to photograph my 1 year-old indoors. I miss way too many good shot opportunities.

Have you tried alkaline batteries? I wouldn't think that would make a difference, but I might have to buy a couple just to try.
RedZeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2006, 10:26 AM   #4

Well, every review pointed out this slight drawback, especially since the flash is very powerful yet the camera uses only 2 batteries, so it's not like you could buy the camera without being unaware of this.

This is a problem with the entire H series so nothing new.

You can try, reducing the power of the flash, or shooting at a higher ISO so the camera is more sensitive to light thus needing less power to the flash.
Meeky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2006, 5:18 PM   #5
RD

I bought my H2 before any reviews came out. I am extremely happy with the camera except for the flash recharge time. It takes amazing pictures. I have only used the batteries that came with the camera.
RD is offline   Reply With Quote