Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Dec 8, 2006, 4:44 AM   #21

Rodo,

Most reviews indicate Panasonic cameras, while functionally top notch, are very very noisy.... image noisethat is. Check out all those reviews.

I have never owned a 'camera case'. I don't like people knowing that I have a camera with me ( when it is not hung around my neck ). I found and use a small, generic type, leather carry bag, with room for my R-1, close-up lens, extra battery, cards, cables.

When I do have my camera out I always, always, always, have it covered with a small black plastic bag, unless I an actually shooting. I don't like to my camera to be visible if I don't need to. This is not based on fear, but rather learning to be 'street wise'.

Hope this helps.

Nicholas
nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2006, 10:28 AM   #22

I owned both the Panasonic FZ-10 and FZ-20 and Nick is so very correct. They produce a whole lot of noise. I have to have the DSLR's because I present DSLR workshops. However, I havemy real fun with my H-5 and my R-1.

I also agree with Nick's premise, and use a very non descript bag to carry my cameras.

MT/Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2006, 12:38 PM   #23

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
I owned both the Panasonic FZ-10 and FZ-20 and Nick is so very correct. They produce a whole lot of noise. I have to have the DSLR's because I present DSLR workshops. However, I havemy real fun with my H-5 and my R-1.

I also agree with Nick's premise, and use a very non descript bag to carry my cameras.

MT/Sarah
Thanks but ANY ONE KNOW OF A GOOD FIT BAG That will carry the R1 so as to not risk damaging the camera thanks .:roll:
rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2006, 7:17 PM   #24

rodo-

Take a look at a bag called "Podzilla" from RoadWired. It should fit perfectly.

MT/Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2006, 1:59 PM   #25

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
rodo-

Take a look at a bag called "Podzilla" from RoadWired. It should fit perfectly.

MT/Sarah
Thanks it looks good . Available in England for £ 30 . USA made bag good reviews here Shoulder strap said to be a little low rent cheap but bag strong and many small pockets gona go look at one . Thanks mtclimber very much .:bye:
rodo is offline   Reply With Quote