Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Oct 15, 2006, 1:21 PM   #1

hello everybody, today I see a external flash for sony T series, enyone can tel me if is a good purchase for eliminate the dust problem that that camera has?
I think that the flash is too near camera's lens and is the reason of dust problem....
thanks....

justaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 15, 2006, 4:11 PM   #2

You can't stop the internal flash from firing, but you cam set it at a low setting which will help reduce unwanted reflections with external flash.
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2006, 4:22 PM   #3

Thanks but I will hope that with a external flash I wil resolve the famous dust problem of series T, I try to eliminate the gost but in some situation is impossible...
Or reduce the internal flash is a possible solution?

Thanks

CyberShotNut wrote:
Quote:
You can't stop the internal flash from firing, but you cam set it at a low setting which will help reduce unwanted reflections with external flash.
Old Oct 15, 2006, 7:28 PM   #4

It may not completely eliminate it, but it will help reduce it. This is why I usually tell people to stay away from any of the Sony "T" series cameras.
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2006, 10:15 PM   #5

Hello, justaman.
AS far as I see, you want to buy external flash for your T camera in hope to eradicate dust ghosts. It will work.
What you are getting is a slave flash that is triggered by light of camera flash. If I' wrong, please correct me.
So in order to 'kill the beast' and improve quality of photo, I'd advise you to aim slave flash onto the ceiling. Light will be reflected in natural way all over the place and you shall not only 'kill the ghosts' but made light softer without harsh deep shadows.
Again, I suggest slave flash fires into the ceiling
In order to keep right exposure, make EV adjustment about .6 step down
Cheers
Simon G
s_grins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2006, 9:09 AM   #6

thank you very much, in effect my idea is that
in fact this flash in not necessary because I learned to obviate this problem with a varius tricks and in I prefer always a snap without flah with all digicam
well, if this is impossible a exernal light behind or near the subject reduce or eliminate the gost problem
In outdoor situation I use the flash often in daylight as a fit flash while in the night I not use the flash I prefer to try without or with a trivet...
also the my best photos I snap because the T9 is very small and fast I love this camera for that
The other cameras that I have too big and uncomfortable for my tipe typical photo...

get on an external flash is a solution for some exceptions: I thinked that because in my last travel in Bologna (near Florence) in a pair of situation the gost problem [img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/PROPRI%7E1/IMPOST%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/img][img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/PROPRI%7E1/IMPOST%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/img]not solvable

but is a last point: the price,
90 euros for this:

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/4935...-hvl-fsl1.html

money for nothing?

Thanks
Chris
Attached Images

Old Oct 17, 2006, 3:42 PM   #7

I understand
For myself I've bought this one

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search

It cost me just half of SONY slave flash and it has switch to be used on hot shoe or slave without pre-flash or slave with pre-flash.
I'm very happy.
I wish you are happy too with your way to avoid dust ghosts
Cheers
Simon G
Old Oct 17, 2006, 7:31 PM   #8

Thank you very much, the Sony flash is too much expensive...
What's your camera?
Old Oct 18, 2006, 7:18 AM   #9

I have DSC R1 and H1 and H1 doesn't have hot shoe
I doesn't matter what brand or type of camera you have since slave flash is triggered by camera built-in flash.
You can place slave flash on the floor, chair, shelf or any place convenient to you and aim flash gun onto the ceiling. That is it and that is simple and this makes the whole difference
Old Oct 18, 2006, 1:29 PM   #10

I undestand and I'm sure that work
Even if not important I have a T9, I buy it becouse I need a ultra compact and I love it work very well
But with the previous camera (no compact A530 and Fuji too) I never see gost and I did not know the "dust problem"
I suppose that you bought external flash not for kill the gost!

However, thank yuo very much (for understand my english too!)

Attached Images