Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jun 11, 2003, 12:46 PM   #1

Default Enjoying my new camera...and a question

I recently purchased a DSC-P72 and have been enjoying everything about it. I'm new to digicams so I have been helped by reading many things on this board.

I have a question and it may be the dumb question of the day....when the camera is on and I take pictures, can I switch the mode selector to other modes (edit images, shoot movies/clip motion, and set up) without turning the camera off first? Is it safe to have camera on and switch between them?

Thanks for your help.
Hltcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 11, 2003, 9:33 PM   #2

Hi,
There is no problem keeping the camera on when you switch modes. Heck, I have a DSC 717, and I'll snap a picture, then flip over to movie to get a quick clip, then switch over to playback to see what they looked like<g>. And then go into setup because I forgot to turn the date stamp on! Hope that helps
Michael
Mhardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2003, 9:52 PM   #3

Default Turning camera off before changing settings or leaving it on

Hi Hitcher...Welcome to the Forum! I am a " newly joined " poster and digital camera user myself...I used to do some 35mm film work. Ok here's my answer ; for what it is worth.

I have a Sony DSC-D770 camera. It has the ability to ( while looking through the viewfinder ; (or LCD) ; to adjust shutter speeds/aperature (f/stops) I like that term better ; at various combinations of settings ALL WHILE ON..

ALso ; it allows to adjust the White balance settings..and size and quality of pics. I do not KNOW your model...but I would think it " should " be a safe allowable thing to have the ability to make " exposure settings " on the fly as you move to different lighting and etc....

hey you fellow readers ; anyone wish to also make a viewpoint comment on this subject to help out Hitcher..?

Thanks I have questions so catch my posts in various forum's headings.

Good Luck have fun takin' pics! Bye for now...Ed~
One_Eye_Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2003, 9:33 PM   #4

Thanks for your replies. I kind of figured it would be o.k. but I just wanted to check.

Thanks again.
Hltcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2003, 9:46 PM   #5

Default Your Welcomed and Ask Away - We (I) Love to talk !!

Your are Welcomed and it isn't wrong to ask at all....I understand you " sound as though " you wanted to make sure to " protect " your camera...and there's NOTHING wrong in that attitude.

Mhardy ( luv the cows comments) hahaahaaa ; I'm from the country Western New York...and have been " stampeded by Holstein milking cows ( in a pasture NO KIDDING!!) was a school boy...shucks where was my camera.!!! ?? CLICK-MOOO-CLICK :lol:

Almost like the " Running of the Bulls " ; well...maybe not quite...But this tale isn't any BULL!!! hahaaa

Post away and let's have fun....

Ed~!
One_Eye_Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2003, 8:35 PM   #6

Quote:
have a question and it may be the dumb question of the day....when the camera is on and I take pictures, can I switch the mode selector to other modes (edit images, shoot movies/clip motion, and set up) without turning the camera off first? Is it safe to have camera on and switch between them?
Hell I do all the time. :twisted: And I've got a cd250, I should be the most worried about it.
macleod76 is offline   Reply With Quote