Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Oct 22, 2006, 11:45 PM   #1

him im new here, im just wondering if you can help me with my prob. picture package is useless, thats why i try windows movie maker, but im having a problem coz everytime, i start capturing the video from the source which the handycam, the output is some kind of static, i mean sometimes it will slowdown, do i have to change some setting or what.. i already stop other unnecessary programs... hope you can help me!! thanks a lot!!!

/euds
Euds is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 23, 2006, 6:46 AM   #2

How are you doing the transfer from the camcorder to the computer? Firewire or USB? Firewire is better.
What else is running on your computer? Kill everything except the capture software.
Disk space... How much CONTIGUOUS free disk space do you have available? Defragment your hard disk AND (better yet) capture to a separate dedicated hard disk.
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2006, 7:03 PM   #3

thanks for the reply, the only thing running in my pc , is whether nero or windows movie maker, whenever im transferring video... i already end all unnnecessary programs during that time.. im using usb. i'll try using my other HD, i'll try your suggestions thanks.. and i'll post it here afterwards.. thanks a lot

Euds
Euds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2006, 9:36 PM   #4

I would suggest using Firewire (IEEE 1394) rather than USB. Even thought USB 2 is a fast as Firewire, it does not work very well for the capture of video.
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote