Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Oct 24, 2006, 5:23 PM   #1

I suspect we once again are dealing with the fact that though I just turned 50, my brain just turned 105.

Is there no way I can set exposure time with this camera? So far I can't find it, which means it is either really obvious, or does not exist. I like occaisionally taking night shots with streaming lights from moving objects, and not having to rely on a canned "FireWorks" setting. If I have given it up in buying this camera, oh well, but it sure seems strange to me if it is not a capability...
brucemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 27, 2006, 3:20 AM   #2

The T10 has no manual settings, the longest shutter time it can achieve is 2 seconds in night mode.
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2006, 8:04 AM   #3

Amazing.

Same person who decided that must of been the one to put the root kit on their CDs about a half year or so ago...
Old Oct 27, 2006, 1:06 PM   #4

Jeeze...

Its a point and shoot camera, for the masses..

And just like hundreds of other point and shoot camera it has little to no manual controls, since the huddled masses don't like that kind of thing.

It is not marketed as having a comprehensive set of manual controls.

So if you wanted manual controls why buy a point and shoot that specifically does not have the manual controls you want.?

Maybe the Sony guy who thought of making a nice simple point and shoot is related tothe guy who did the exact same thing in Canon, Kodak,Nikon,Samsung,Vivitar,Fuji,Ricoh,Casio,Sanyo etc.

Maybe they are all wrong and all need to be educated that all cameras should always have every manual control, whistle and bell etc ever invented, because no matter how the camera is marketed, as a simple point and shoot for people who don't want manual controls, there will always be the one person in a million, that buys the simple point and shoot and whines it does not have the manual controls he needs, even though it was never advertised as having those controls in the first place.

Sintares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2006, 1:14 PM   #5

Sintares,

Don't you have anything else to do with your life? I am surprised the moderator allowed your apparently "Sony employed" banter to be posted. Exposure time is so incredibly basic there was nothing out of line with my surprise, and noted acceptance. Apparently you for some reason are totally clueless over some of the other adjustments, such as ranging ISO to 1000 that it can do. Maybe you would like to research the item before you render useless uninformative opinions designed simply to degrade someone else next time. Or maybe you were on the team that created the rootkit for them?

Anyway, I am very impressed with your knowledge and use thereof. Next time I will ask your permission so I don't get admonished by your infinite wisdom and lack of anything else to do again.