Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Nov 2, 2006, 8:40 PM   #1

Steve gives the new Sony T10 and T30 some very good reviews. Why does everyone constantly hate on the T series of cameras (I can understand the limitations of the past versions, but this is the present)

I was all set up and ready to purchase a T10 when I read a bunch of negative topics on sony from negative naboobs. What compares to the Sony T10 that is better

FYI I want a small ultracompact camera, anything bigger than the Canon SD700 IS is too big.
Dirty1talian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 3, 2006, 12:45 PM   #2

The size and the style of the "T" camerasare what makes them sell. If you only plan to take pictures in the day then the "T" cameras are great, but flash pictures are not so great due to the flash being way too close to the lens causing major red-eye and unwanted reflections. Also, every time I had the T7 or T30I hadin my pocket, the sliding cover would always end up open. Another limitation is that the widest aperture is f3.5 which is darker than most other compact cameras. Even though I don't like the new "W" series as much as the older ones, I prefer the W70 or W100over the T10, T30 or T50. My all time favorite pocket camera is still the P200. I've gotten the best pictures from it, day or night.
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2006, 3:16 PM   #3

I love my T30. It's my first ultra compact and it's great. Most of the pictures areamazing. I love the magnifying glass mode. The only bad thing is the red eye and dust particles in flash pictures. I sold my Panasonic FZ30 to buy my T30 and don't regret it one bit. Here is one pic I took last night through a telescope, in magnifying glass mode...

DirtyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2006, 9:39 PM   #4

I have heard of the complaints about dust particles etc...

My concern is that how come very few of the online "professional" reviewers dont mention it? Its almost like you cant trust reviews from professional websites such as Steve's Digicams...
Dirty1talian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2006, 2:26 PM   #5

Complaining on the dust particles is the same as complaining on finger prints on lens.
Once I got these UFOs taking photos with R1 in church and I did not blame camera for a mishap
s_grins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2006, 3:28 PM   #6

It's not that you can't trust the professional reviews, it's just that they test the camera in ideal or close to ideal conditions. Taking pictures of pets indoors or people at parties is really where the "T" series cameras have trouble.
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote