Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Nov 14, 2006, 9:26 AM   #1

Hi all

Passenger seat was whereI was sitting whenI took these on the way back from Bognor to London. This was a small group of trees .... they were on a traffic island surrounded by motorway travellers and the fog was swirling.

The next one was taken when the fog had nearly lifted and there was still some distance haze.

If you have some from the windows or portholes of cars, trains, boats and planes, please do post them

All the best

Glyn
Attached Images

Glyn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 14, 2006, 9:30 AM   #2

Attached Images

Old Nov 14, 2006, 1:10 PM   #3

And 2 R-1's from ME!

#1 Another drive-by shooting in Utopia-land, taken from the window of my new Toyota Prius.
Attached Images

RiaRia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2006, 1:21 PM   #4

Cross on the hill. Out the car window, on the way to San Antonio. Have no idea who put it up or why, it just appeared one day.

(I have about an hour and a half commute to work, but with scenery like this, who cares?)
Attached Images

Old Nov 14, 2006, 5:15 PM   #5

Hi All,

Really nice pics.

Lst time I shot this way was before I bought my R-1.

I had a Fuji S9000 for a short while before I traded it for my R-1.

Here are my last Drive-by pictures:

Please note the warning that at no time should the driver take pics while driving, IMHO.

http://nickphoto123.smugmug.com/gallery/1025205

Regards, Nicholas

nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2006, 10:51 PM   #6

Hi All ....

I had no idea what to expect when I asked others to add their drivebys

The more I am learning to look at photos, the more they are 'hitting' and 'moving' me.
Ria .... Where-the-antes-lope.jpg [btilliant title!] those greens .... so much lush tone ... the world of that picture so filled with depth. The beast occupies a small area of the image but the rest of the area is so inviting that I am already 'in' the picture and subjectively closer to the animal before I consciously focus on it.

Nicholas ... thankyou ... thos epictures are an education to me. I have seen pictures of the cathedral and, I believe the Rockerfeller centre, but from your perspective? No. A very real feeling of viewing the real world from a real position. I cannot get over the way that the cathedral from the angle you took it is looking big .... and at the same time the skyscrapers look bigger. They do not dwarf the cathedral. Thy just look massively biggger in comparision.

I'll see if I can find another one tomorrow.

All the best Glyn
Old Nov 14, 2006, 11:22 PM   #7

Howdy, All:

Yes, Glyn; it is very green here, especially last month when this shot was taken. We had just had a very welcome rainfall after a long, long drought; so everything just "popped." This always surprises people who think John Wayne's mythical Texas is only full of cacti and longhorns. (But we do wear cowboy hats to breakfast, it's true!)

Nick:

What are those tall things sticking up in the sky called again? Oh, yeah, buldings. It's been so long since I've seen one I forgot what they looked like.

And I would never, never shoot while I was driving down the road. Not that walking is that safe, either. Last time I was in NYC, I nearly got hit by a cab. And yes, you guessed it. I was looking thru a lens at the time. (A Rollei 35 - great camera!).

Note to all Sony Forum members! This post doesn't just have to be for R-1 owners. Let's see your drive-bys. (After the car has come to a complete stop first, of course!)
Old Nov 15, 2006, 2:56 PM   #8

Very nice. How did they come so "soft"?
kshapero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2006, 3:10 PM   #9

Check to see if your browzer is compressing images. This will affect the quality of a displayed image.

Nicholas
nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2006, 8:21 PM   #10

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"
Ria said:

Quote:
Note to all Sony Forum members! This post doesn't just have to be for R-1 owners. Let's see your drive-bys. (After the car has come to a complete stop first, of course!)

Ditto from me. Please let's see 'em. ... Hey , even it is not a Sony camera then that's cool. I've submitted a few from my Ricoh GX8. Mind you, If you do want to give details of what yuo took it with then that would be nice.

All the best

Glyn