Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Nov 21, 2006, 10:13 PM   #1

I had the Sony DSC H1 that was a Christmas present from last year. I loved that camera.:-)It was stolen recently.:evil:Of course it was an inside job cause no break and entering. I amsick just sick about it. Anyway, I want to replace it and am looking at the next ones up which are the H2 and H5. Are there any major differences between these two that I should know about. I see that the digital screen on the H2 is only 2 inc. where the H5 is 3 inches. My H1 I believe was a 2.5 inch. Any feedback on both of these cameras. They seem to be similar in price by only a few dollars which by the way is less money than the H1 went for a year ago. Crazy. Looking for any advise or feedback on these two cameras.
photowitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 27, 2006, 5:45 PM   #2

With the greater resolution, the larger LCD, and easier handling I went with the H-5 amd I really love it. The H-5 is a great camera.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2006, 2:41 PM   #3

I'd go for either a new H1 ( I own one myself and am very pleased with it) or the new H5 .... I held a H2 recently and though it has one more megapixel and a supposedly better lens, it didn't please me .... it handles less easy then the H1, controls being placed at other less practical places, etc ...
tsjiaotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2006, 4:59 PM   #4

:?Why would you take the H-2 over the H-5?

I waited for the H-5 and love it.

Glenn
gsrunyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2007, 1:03 PM   #5

Hi, I'm sorry about your camera, I also was in the same situation, my camera case with in all accesories was stolen, butI was carring my DSC H1 while it happends.

Now I'm traying to found those accesories by separattly (lens cap and adaptor ring) but I haven't any good look!!

DSC H1 its just a grate Cámera!!

Nimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2007, 11:53 AM   #6

Nimus wrote:
Quote:
Hi, I'm sorry about your camera, I also was in the same situation, my camera case with in all accesories was stolen, butI was carring my DSC H1 while it happends.

Now I'm traying to found those accesories by separattly (lens cap and adaptor ring) but I haven't any good look!!

DSC H1 its just a grate Cámera!!

The H1 is a great camera. And I think it works better than the H2/H5. I had a H5. Ran into problems. It should suddenly shut itself off after only 10 shots. Sometimes after 20 or so. And the battery level indicator was always off. The H1 has worked flawlessly. Knock on wood.

And if "photowitch" hasn't bought her camera I'd look at the new H7/H9 cameras just announced today. Hopefully Sony has fixed the battery power readout issue for these two new cameras.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"The H9 has a flip-out 3" LCD and they come with 15x optical zooms. Not bad. And an increased max shutter speed of 1/4000s and ISO range of up to 3200. How useful it is remains to be seen.

As with the H2/H5 ISO 800-1600 were useless the noise was so bad.

And I'm sorry you lost your H1. The H1 was/is a gem.

And about the H2 versus H5 comment...the H2 actually produces less noise at ISO 400 and above than the H5. Giving you a more useable ISO 400. If I had to choose between the two I'd opt for the H2. Assuming also you don't mind living with a flukey battery level readout. Reading "half-full" when it was still "full". Bothered the hell out of me when I had the H5. In addition to my other problem.
DarkDTSHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2007, 12:09 PM   #7
Administrator

As of today you now have two more to consider - the H7and H9

http://www.steves-digicams.com/pr/so..._h7-h9_pr.html

steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2007, 9:50 PM   #8

I would wait for the new H7 & H9 due out in April. They're both 8MP's with a whopping 15X optical Zoom. The H9 has a 3" LCD that pivots and both have ISO's of 3200. Also, both have the new face identification feature.
hawks1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2007, 4:11 PM   #9

I second hawks1's recommendation. I have an H5 and I love it. But I am drooling over that H9. And it is less than my H5 was when I purchased it.
coachjames is offline   Reply With Quote