Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jun 19, 2003, 7:19 PM   #1

Default Sony p72 ?

Please I realy need some help on this. I've spend months in the internet trying to find out everything I could about digital cameras. I want to buy my first digital camera and can't decide which one is better among all the opitions. I finally decided to narrow down my search to 3 cameras : Sony p72, Nikon coolpix 3100 and Olympus Stylus 300. Can some one help to decide point out the pluses and the minuses.
Fredeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 20, 2003, 3:24 AM   #2

Fredico, I have chosen the Sony p72. I wanted a small camera that does sound and uses AA batteries. The P72 can do movies with sound (CP3100 and Stylus300 are silent) and uses 2 AA batteries (CP3100 uses AA's but Stylus300 uses a proprietary).
You have to decide if you need sound or batteries that are easily replaceable?
Tim.
Tim513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2003, 4:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim513
Fredico, I have chosen the Sony p72. I wanted a small camera that does sound and uses AA batteries. The P72 can do movies with sound (CP3100 and Stylus300 are silent) and uses 2 AA batteries (CP3100 uses AA's but Stylus300 uses a proprietary).
You have to decide if you need sound or batteries that are easily replaceable?
Tim.
I had 2 weeks oly c-350/d560(in fact its the same as stylus) , now I have sony p72.With this camera inside shots are more color saturated than they should be.And there is a lot of digital noise in photos and chromatic aberration.I found out that its normal with sony cams and u can adjust saturation in PC(with digital noise and aberration it isnt so easy), but oly didnt do that.....but sony looks better....and u get portable charger +2x 2100 batteries...and in 10*15 cm photos or with 1024*768 monitor u dont note sony defects in photos..and sony is much faster.Now its all.....no sony have much(realy much) better LCD.U can use it in direct sun light.
Marek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2003, 5:52 AM   #4

Fredico, I've just thought of another reason. You can add on lenses to the A70.
Old Jun 22, 2003, 8:55 PM   #5

:lol: Thanks for the help guys
Fredeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2003, 5:39 PM   #6

Fredeco,
you can't add lenses on the P72. I was getting cameras mixed up as I'm also buying a Canon A70 for my partner. ops:
Old Jun 25, 2003, 5:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim513
Fredeco,
you can't add lenses on the P72. I was getting cameras mixed up as I'm also buying a Canon A70 for my partner. ops:
U are wrong.U can use add-on lenses .0,7x wideangle and 1,7 tele.And some filters.(neutral,high contrast,polarising,special effects)There is lens adaptor for that.
Marek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2003, 1:59 PM   #8

Default dont get P72!

I have found a serious problem with the P72. It takes terrible indoor shots as described above, and even outdoors it is easily confused into using the wrong ISO. I am trying to dump mine on ebay right now. I bought a Sony A70 and it is WAY, WAY better! Works a lot better indoors, and seems to always choose the correct ISO outside.

Anyone want a P72 with 128mb sandisk memory stick? Nothing wrong with it, I actually bought another P72 (and returned it) to make sure mine was working correctly, and it is. $300, I paid over $400 with taxes.
lukester01 is offline   Reply With Quote