Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Dec 12, 2006, 8:31 PM   #1

Hello All,

We attended a Christmas Tree Lighting on Long Island, New York.

It was absolute freezing with the wind right at our face.

Here is an imperfect panorama with my R-1 of the scene and show as it unfolded before us:

Nicholas
Attached Images

nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 13, 2006, 2:45 AM   #2

What a great scene, Nicholas! I mean ... you're bringing out the event but also a closeup of the audience reaction .... more I think of it, this is terrific.

Typically, the notion of 'putting yourself in the other person's shoes' has a sense of a discontinuous transition. Looking on, then typically there can be a sense of the audience over here and the performers over there.
Now this great work of yours is changing that old reality ... suddenly we haave Performers WITH audience ... same continuum ... gentle movement between so that what is coming through here is the WHOLE event. And indeed, YOU the photographer is given entity as the central point around which the 'percieving eye' is moving to take in the scene. Thanks for sharing this

Did you use a tripod?
[Oh ... while I remember, did you use tripod on the opening celebration pano?]

I must say, these panos of yours are really beginning to fire me up to want to try some myself!

Glyn
Glyn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2006, 6:32 AM   #3

Hi Glyn and All,

Your statement that you have seen the event as I saw it gives me a great deal of satisfaction.

As imperfect as this pano is, the depicted scene is almost as I witnessed it as it was so cold we were all huddled against each other ( like the penquins do to keep warm). As you look up you see only a part of the event at a time.

We were so packed together if someone would have had to goto the rest room we would have all had togo along, so it seemed. No room for a tripod.

This pano ( and the Opening Gala shot ) were taken with my R1 as high above my head as I could get. I used the grid lines on the LCD to keep my camera level.

Thanks for you comments.

Nicholas
nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote